• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

About Mixamo Licence

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, question I am developing a game on unity and I wanted to use some animation from mixamo

I saw that I am allowed to use them as long as I won't sell them or something like that? 

Is all the animation that mixamo has created it's from users or the company? if from users how can I be sure they did not copy it from other websites?

Am I allowed to sell it as in-game animation and stuff like that? (not the files of course)

thanks for helping, I just want to verify that it's safe to use and I won't get sued.

TOPICS
Animation Controls , Character , Project Integration , Viewer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If people can easily extract the Mixamo assets from your project then you are in trouble... As long as that's not the case you are fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I am using the unity engine to develop my game the engine does compose everything 

but If someone really wants they can decompose it, it's illegal but there is nothing that I can do about 

I don't know if or who does that and it's not really something under my control if someone does steal the animation by hacking/illegal software does it mean that I cant use the animation? even if I am not giving them any files or assets and they are getting it by hacking the game files 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to check both the publisher's requirements/restrictions and have someone who knows the platform look over the EULA.

If you're extracting the animation and customizing the action enough, you're going to be fine.

but

If you are just using the standard fbx mocap without changing it, you're better off purchasing a licensed library or finding some creativecommons (sans attribution) that you can use.

Your publisher will probably already have a case or ticket reference on how to use Mixamo or similar mocap in your build.

Mixamo isn't a gallery of user uploaded content.
Make sure you're packing the data in a separate embeds in your build.

I thought that we had found a Mixamo EULA somewhere before. It was pretty liberal - but when it comes to "DON'T GET SUED", always have someone who can read it well look it over. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that we had found a Mixamo EULA somewhere before. It was pretty liberal - but when it comes to "DON'T GET SUED", always have someone who can read it well look it over. 😉

By @Ko.Maruyama

it was in the Fuse forum which all got taken down and tossed in the bin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for helping

I dont really have a publisher so I don't have really restriction 

I tried to find the eula but seems they removed it or something like that the only thing that i found that  can use it 

but i am not allowed to sell it or give it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines