• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blender Add On not Working?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I run a Blender YouTube channel (southernshotty) and was excited to do a tutorial on the new mixamo add on, but it's not currently working for me. 

I'm getting a recall error when generating the rig and it breaks the rig. Removing part of the arms.

I've tried it on two computers and three versions of blender. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it stops creating rig parts, in the consolu you should see an error about one or more bones. I got that fixed with 1 line of code i added in one of the PY files. But i would need to see your console error output and see if thats the same error.

Ive seen this behavior as well. Its probably due to the bone axis on import. You need to play with the first and second bone selection on import. I got this same issue fixed by testing and using this setting.

I then save that as a setting "Fixed Z axis"

Check primary / secondy bone settingCheck primary / secondy bone setting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another issue ive found, it will not work below bl 2.90, the rotation of the limbs is off. Also DAE wont work, i did make a fix for that myself and that seems to work.

It would be nice if they also had renamed the bones in the Blender convention ending with .L and .R now we cant really fix weight painting easily, cant mirror it since Left and Right is mostly somewhere in the middle of the name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to this change others mentioned in objects.py to avoid duplicates (after line 88).

for collec in cs_grp.users_collection:
    if not collec in obj.users_collection:
        collec.objects.link(obj)
        assigned_collections.append(collec)

I also had to change maths_geo.py to return 0 if the vector length was 0 (after line 82).

def signed_angle(u, v, normal):
    nor = normal.normalized()
    if u.length == 0 or v.length == 0:
        return 0
    a = u.angle(v)
    c = u.cross(v)
    if c.length == 0 or nor.length == 0:
        return 0
    if c.angle(nor) < 1:
        a = -a
    return a

Addon location:

C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\Mixamo add-on for Blender\lib

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or maybe this makes more sense:

def signed_angle(u, v, normal):
    nor = normal.normalized()
    if u.length == 0 or v.length == 0:
        return 0
    a = u.angle(v)
    c = u.cross(v)
    if c.length == 0:
        return a # or -a, I'm not sure
    if c.angle(nor) < 1:
        a = -a
    return a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In both cases you would return -a, you sure thats correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about the math, so although the result may be wrong my other comment was able to prevent the error message from happening and I was able to generate the rig. Hopefully Adobe will do a proper fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still didn't work. But it got farther than before - it almost completed the armature 

How come more people aren't complainging about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BTN9 

i would help more if you could post console errors here. That would make it easier seeing wher it fails, perhaps also post the FBX file if possible. That way we could test local vs going back and forth on this forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this addon not working ... and Adobe isn't addressing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably because it's a free tool. I assume it's a ticket in some engineers backlog with low priority. I'm glad I was able to get it to work though because it's been super useful for me as I don't know how to rig myself and I can easily apply animations from mixamo now to speed up my project.

Have you tried using Blenders rigify addon instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I've used both Rigify and own ARP for rigging. I just do a LOT of still life setups with people in them and liked to use Mixamo to quickly pose characters - usually the stuff gets me 80% of the way to what I need and then I tweak it a bit for what I need instead of doing every pose from scratch. Tweaking involves a lof of FK movement because that's the only way to adjust stuff from Mixamo and it gets tedious sometimes especially with hip/leg movement so this looked like it would help just smooth out the process. But it's been broken since day one and don't understand why it works for others. I've tried my characters, I've tried mixamo characters, I've tried 2.91, 2.92, 2.93 , I've used animations, A pose, T pose exports and nothing is working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BTN9  Isnt Rigify faster then going through the Mixamo loop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Diablomablo  I think this addon was outsourced, if im correct the person behind Autorig Pro created this addon. So perhaps somewhere or somehow they are collecting bugs. not sure how that is, because i dont see any response from an official Adobe employee nor do i see the main dev responding. Which they added a link to a github repo or something so we could make proper bug reports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem too my solution was to eliminate all wheight groups before upload to mixamo.
Also, be shure to delete all objects floating, empties and cameras before upload it to mixamo.

I would love to know if that was of any help to anyone!

PS: love your vids southernshotty!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that some of the armatures in Mixamo have different names for the bones.. and here is the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats correct! ive seen this too, renaming does solve this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will go crazy,,
Sometimes the error does not happen and sometimes it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi please help 

Im getting this error, tired all the fixes discussed but its not working 

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\mixamo_rig\mixamo_rig.py", line 152, in execute
_make_rig(self)
File "C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\mixamo_rig\mixamo_rig.py", line 1900, in _make_rig
add_arm("Left")
File "C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\mixamo_rig\mixamo_rig.py", line 1882, in add_arm
add_driver_to_prop(rig, 'pose.bones["'+n+'"].custom_shape_scale', 'pose.bones["'+c_hand_ik_name+'"]["ik_fk_switch"]', array_idx=-1, exp="1-var")
File "C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\mixamo_rig\lib\drivers.py", line 11, in add_driver_to_prop
dr = obj.driver_add(dr_dp, array_idx)
TypeError: bpy_struct.driver_add(): property "pose.bones["Ctrl_ArmPole_IK_Left"].custom_shape_scale" not found

Dap22184472ggp3_1-1639125978706.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blender 3.0 right? I get this same exact error with my model. Tried skinned, unskinned, with and without animation. Doesn't work 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this work for you?

https://youtu.be/U-CKospurc4?t=88 

He literally just clicks it over and over again to "fix" it, but who knows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using obj inted of fbx or viseversa. That work sometimes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plugin version for Blender 3.0 is coming very soon.. stay tuned!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Stefano for the quick reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before getting tires, have you actually checked if there is anew update which can be used with 3.0?

I read last week or week before it needed to be updated. Since they don't provide a proper repository to check and just a worthless link, it's kinda hard. Perhaps check the download page and see if a new version has been added

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seeing the url of the zip, it looks like a new version has been released.

https://www.substance3d.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/27918-artwork-mixamo_rig.zip

Wonder why they didn't just add text and state this is for blender 3.0

There are still tons of people on older blender versions or working with LTE

Wish we could contact the original dev, i believe the dev of auto-rog pro is the developer for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines