Exit

Can I see Mixamo Legal Terms of Use?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've two questions.

1. Can I see Mixamo Terms of Use?

2. I want to include animations from Mixamo in my project, yes it is free for commercial use. But is it free to sell a project (in Unreal Engine Marketplace) featuring Mixamo animations?

TOPICS
Project Integration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

, the game engine transforms .FBX into a unique structure (.uasset).

By @Serhat0101

its not that unique and its pretty easy to unwrap a unreal-asset back into a Fbx but yes that simple step covers you under the terms

so for example; I own BG3 and buy a mod from you that adds zombies

the file i get from you unpacks to add models/ animations [whatever] into my bg3 game = you are covered because I am assumed to not be a hacker and therefor need to go get my zombie model dirrect from Mixamo instead of

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. https://archive.ph/20140905103016/https://www.mixamo.com/fuse/legal

this is a backup copy of the old terms which still are in effect

2. the basic idea is you can use Fuse\ Mixamo for your own projects but you can't resupply the files so if your unreal game has Mixamo animations in it then you are fine but you can't include those files as some extra folder

yes people can just pull them out of your unreal files but thats still fair use... so most people will goto Mixamo and download the files themselves instead of getting them off you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To explain more, there are zombies in my project, I took their animations from Mixamo and added them.
I am not selling the game directly, I am selling the project, namely the source codes of the game.

"you are fine but you can't include those files as some extra folder"
What do you mean by extra folders?
There is not going to be .FBX animations in the game's project folder. When you add this to the project, the game engine transforms .FBX into a unique structure (.uasset).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

, the game engine transforms .FBX into a unique structure (.uasset).

By @Serhat0101

its not that unique and its pretty easy to unwrap a unreal-asset back into a Fbx but yes that simple step covers you under the terms

so for example; I own BG3 and buy a mod from you that adds zombies

the file i get from you unpacks to add models/ animations [whatever] into my bg3 game = you are covered because I am assumed to not be a hacker and therefor need to go get my zombie model dirrect from Mixamo instead of your mod

if your mod also had a folder with Mixamo models or animations in Fbx, Obj [whatever standard you pick] then that would be against the licence because i could just use those models instead of getting them from Mixamo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines