• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does Mixamo do the transitions in pack previews?

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to find a way to play animations sequentially with smooth transitions between them, pretty much what Mixamo does when you click on an animation pack and watch the preview. I'm using three.js and I can get transitions fine, but the problem I have is when the animations are not in place and the model moves around, my model always resets its position back to the starting point for each animation. A lot of times people use in place animations and control movement with code, but Mixamo seems to be able to do continuous transitions with animations that don't have the in place option and I'm curious how that's done. Or does Mixamo actually control all movement with code in the previews?

TOPICS
Animation Controls

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the previews in Mixamo are pre-baked yes

the way you do transitions is down to what engine you have; I personally like Iclone and 3Dexchange doesn't really care if your animation was set to 'in place' because its simple to untick a box... other people use Unity, Unreal and Blender which means they have to work around the limits by learning the software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, so the animations were combined in a separate program. I thought it was being done in the website using JavaScript, but now it makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines