• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export in color from Mixamo?

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone I'm a Sculptor and I use Nomad Sculpt as a software. I'm exporting a glTF file to blender to convert into FBX and then to Mixamo for Auto rigging. The sculpt is a low poly which I have baked Normals and materials from a high poly to be able to be rigged. Once in blender the colors show. But when I export it as FBX from Blender it comes grey in Mixamo. Is there a way to this through Blender or even Nomad Sculpt and keep all the colors, normals etc...and show up into Mixamo and export them back to Blender or Naomi animation app which I plan to use for animation? Thanks so much in advance 🙂

TOPICS
Bug , Upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

gray = Mixamo can see a texture but cann't read the format

i.e, the image is not Png or Jpg but some other type like tif or gif... if you want to see the texure in Mixamo use Blender [or any thing else] to convert your image to Jpg before export

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gray = Mixamo can see a texture but cann't read the format

i.e, the image is not Png or Jpg but some other type like tif or gif... if you want to see the texure in Mixamo use Blender [or any thing else] to convert your image to Jpg before export

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for your reply but all my textures and materials are Pngs. Do I need to convert them all to Jpeg for Mixamo to read them? I tried models with jpeg textures and still didnt read them. thanks for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you share one of these models with its textures

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi yes sure! but I can't share the file here as the maximum file size is only 47MB. Can I share it differently? When I try to upload it with textures embed it also says "Unable to Map your existing skeleton" but when it is without textures it uploads well, just no color. I'm a little confused. Thanks again for your time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are 3rd party cloud share options but if it is 47mb thats very big

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi thanks again for your reply. I tried again by removing all the textures for the rigging, upload on Mixamo with no textures and then I apply them after the rigging and it works perfectly fine. Thanks again and good day 😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines