• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixamo animation doesnt play after editing it in blender - unity

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some animations downloaded from mixamo in my game which work fine in the default version. However, when I modify one of them in Blender, then I will re-load into unity as FBX to the same component animator - the animation does not move. The animation works with the model taken from the blender, but does not work on the old model (although it looks the same model). Could someone please help?

TOPICS
Animation Controls , Character

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

The problem was that blender adds "ARMATURE" folder before all bones. So the bones were different, so old model with old bones didnt work. I dont know if blender does it every time, now I just add all animations through blender lmao

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so the first file works which means this is not a Mixamo error... it must be the edits you made in Blender or the workflow you used to import to Unity

if you edit another file in Blender i.e, different character and import that into Unity [as a new character not using the same animations as your first one] does it fail as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was that blender adds "ARMATURE" folder before all bones. So the bones were different, so old model with old bones didnt work. I dont know if blender does it every time, now I just add all animations through blender lmao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can u explain me, Ñ†hat do i have to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

can u explain me, what do i have to do?*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines