• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixamo does a poor job of skinning and rigging models

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mixamo does a poor job of skinning and rigging models!
It wasn't noticed before, a couple of years ago. And now the defects of the model processing are too conspicuous. Maybe it's because Adobe owns the tool?
There is a stretch deformation in the pelvic area of the character's lower pelvis. This is ugly for the model and animation, which was not the case a few years ago.
It doesn't depend on the model of the character. We can adjust his geometry on the fly, and it doesn't change the situation with Mixamo.
We ask Adobe to make a correction in the MIXAMO program. 

TOPICS
Bug , Character , Upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes they changed the background scripts last year to use newer Fbx formats... unfortunately these upgrade bussed more than they fixed but part of that is because Autodesk doesn't want people using the older Fbx filetype

anyway the groin deformation happens when different models are linked to the same animation i.e, models with slightly different bone rigs will get this issue and the workflow is to remove the old rig from one or both models and reupload them to Mixamo before adding animation... doing this gives them the same bone rig and gives best results

p.s, most Adobe staff are unaware of Mixamo so the odds of any fix is low

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This groin deformation occurs already in the first stage - when loading the mesh of the character without bones. Apparently, Mixamo adapts an already ready skeleton from its base, and does it badly. And this leads to the fact that the character with a good mesh is simply ugly in the pelvic area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not at my end

Screenshot (932).pngScreenshot (934).pngScreenshot (935).pngScreenshot (936).pngScreenshot (937).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the example, my friend!
I tried changing the grid in this place, and it worked fine.
The model is imported into Mixamo anyway without its skeleton. Miksamo adds the skeleton to the mesh itself. And the fact that you have to change the mesh of the character, of course, interferes, aesthetic design. But anyway, Miksamo is the only free tool of this decent level. 

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Have you some animations from MIXAMO before August the 20 th ?  its very urgent I need it foir a job 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.
There is, but it is not correct for arbitrary models. All the early rigging and skinning is done on the simplest bots of Mixamo.
To each model, Maxamo makes the binding of its skeleton individually.
And once again I have to inform you that the groin binding is now done badly by Maksamo. Oops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines