• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixamo won't display textures on a model uploaded as zip with obj, mtl and png files

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to rig a textured model downloaded from the web. It opens correctly in Blender and 3d Viewer. I followed the advice from earlier discussions here.

My model was already an obj file, I made all the texures into png, then modified the mtl file accordingly (although it still contained folder paths from my PC, maybe that's the issue?), then I've packed everyting into a zip.

But uploading the zip into mixamo.com still gives me a textureless model. What am I doing wrong?
I can't post links to my model here, as it marks my post as spam. Also can't attach a zip 😞 

TOPICS
Bug , Upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is Mixamo is old school and can't read a plot system so most of your MTL is ignored, you need part I'd and texture name then as long as the actual texture is included you are fine 

I'm at work but will try to take another look today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is some adjustment needed on the jacket because the model was designed A pose instead of T but its minor

Screenshot (940).pngScreenshot (942).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, it works! ❤️

And what should I do to achieve it myself? I'll have more models from this website, and from other ones. What should I do to be able to upload a similar textured model into mixamo? 
Exporting it from Blender as fbs does not work (textures show in Blender, but after I upload the fbs to mixamo, model is textureless). What software did you use to create the attached fbx?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i just used Blender on a Windows system

import Objimport Objlayout edit modelayout edit modeoption delete V the titleoption delete V the titleexport Fbxexport Fbxset copy and blue - makes texturesset copy and blue - makes texturesdrag file into texture folderdrag file into texture folderselect all, right click Fbx and zipselect all, right click Fbx and zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines