• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please Place Markers Error.

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for help as to why this keeps happening....I have tried a few different models now, and keep getting the same error "please place all markers on the character."  Attached is a screenshot of the postioning.  After multiple attempts on multiple models, I keep getting this error.  Please Help!

TOPICS
Animation Controls , Character , Upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your placement is fine so the issue must be the model itself... The fact that you get unknown error means Mixamo isn't smart enough to figure out what to do

Share the model if you want more help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply Ussnorway.  I am not sure that I can share the model, as it is a licensed character through my employer.  However after playing around with it over the weekend, I had some success.  I tried removing different sections of the character, and upon removal of the hair, everything worked in mixamo.  Do you have any ideas why that happens, or an idea of what to look for, as far as a fix?  I have attached multiple angles of the hair.  (This character has differnet hair from the character i posted in my original comment, but the error/solution was the same. )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further yet, I tried removing only the eyebrows and not the hair, and that worked as well.  Wondering if the intersection of the polygons from the head and they eyebrows are what is causing the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the intersection of the polygons from the head and they eyebrows

By @default0t26ezynh62u

Mixamo does not map bones to the hair or eyes so no

if the hair has waccky textures like two opacity maps for example then it could be a mismatch but the other options are floating polygons [as in not contected to the main model] or just overall size

size is the easy test/ fix so start there... what size [in mb] is the model you are uploading, if you open it in Blender and cut it back by 1/2 does the model now work?

testing for floaty bits is pretty easy too as you know removing hair is somehow behind the fix, you know where to start looking... does this model already have any bones for eyes etc and does removing those bones also make the model work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply and the information.  The size of the file is about 3.5 MB.  I have not tried to resize it, as I believe I have the fix sorted out. 

Relating to your second suggestion, and furthering my testing from yesterday, I had only the eybrows removed, and the model was working.  I added the eyebrows back in, then adjusted their position, as they were intersecting with the forehead mesh.  I cleared out some polygons on the backside of the eybrows as well.  After this, it loaded and rigged just fine.  (photo)

So this leads me to the floaty bits being the issue, and playing with them for the fix.  Thank you again for all of the responses and information.  This gives me ideas where to look if I come across this issue in the future, I appreciate it a great deal! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines