• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pre-rigged blender character mapped backwards in Mixamo

New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a character in Blender and rigged it with a basic human metarig. (I've done this becuase the character has a big back pack and the so Mixamo auto rigging gives an error) However, the way Mixamo maps the rig is backwards (i.e. the joints are all facing the wrong way and the character facing away from the camera. Is there something I need to do differently when rigging or exporting? I've tried vairous setting with no luck. In Blender the character's forward is -Y.

TOPICS
Bug , Character

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Z should be correct. (but I guess you have Blender as Z-up instead of Y-up).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hiya, yes Z is up in Blender. I tried rotating the model around to match Y-up, -Z-forward, but still have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like mixamo is mis-reading the file which is common with Fbx

one option (to fix the back-2-front bones) is to convert the model into wavefront Obj with Png textures before uploading to Mixamo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hiya, unfortunately for rigged characters you can only use Fbx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mixamo allows 3 file types: Fbx, Obj and zip

zip.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I upload the character as Obj, Mixamo auto-rigs it for me rather that using the blender armature. The Mixamo help says for already rigged characters you have to use fbx format https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/mixamo-rigging-animation.html. Is there a way get Mixamo to use Obj and an existing armature (maybe be zipping them together)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wavefront Obj has no bones and thats the point i.e, your current rig is wrong (back-2-front) so uploading as Obj will tell Mixamo to start again with a new bone rig... once you download that then open it in Blender and add whatever extra bones to the rig you need

repairing a busted bones rig is possible yes but harder and a Blender question nothing to do with Mixamo so you would be better off posting in the Blender forums [along with the sample file] if this is the path you want to try

https://www.blender.org/community/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines