Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rights of use Fuse and Mixamo

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Here I am using the services of Mixamo and Fuse to create my video game (marketed), a big thank you for the service by the way, but by learning about the copyrights of Fuse and Mixamo and consulting GPT, the one tells me that we cannot use 3D character models as the main element of our game, that is to say that we cannot use it as the main character (character played by the player).

here are my questions:

- can I use a 3D model of a Fuse or Mixamo character as the main character of my (commercialized) game?

- According to what I read on Adobe, we can use the characters and animations in our commercial project. No need to make credits. Is this correct ?

Thank you very much for reading my post, I wish you a great day.

TOPICS
Animation Controls , Character , Project Integration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Hello,

Here I am using the services of Mixamo and Fuse to create my video game (marketed), a big thank you for the service by the way, but by learning about the copyrights of Fuse and Mixamo and consulting GPT, the one tells me that we cannot use 3D character models as the main element of our game, that is to say that we cannot use it as the main character (character played by the player).

here are my questions:

- can I use a 3D model of a Fuse or Mixamo character as the main character of my (com

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

here are my questions:

- can I use a 3D model of a Fuse or Mixamo character as the main character of my (commercialized) game?

- According to what I read on Adobe, we can use the characters and animations in our commercial project. No need to make credits. Is this correct ?

Thank you very much for reading my post, I wish you a great day.

By @Hakim28707277e5j5

q1&2 = yes

"that is to say that we cannot use it as the main character (character played by the player)"

where did you read this & its bullshitbtw but a Fuse character in something like Unreal will behave different as the main character than it will as an NPC i.e, you have to change the rig inorder to make it a main character

i made some note about that back in 2017 you may find helpful

https://windowsforum.com/threads/how-to-get-fuse-characters-working-in-unreal-engine-4-15.227038/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the reply. This information comes from "Chat GPT". I consulted him about copyright and he told me that ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the chat gpt is a robot not a he or she but an it and that part of the answer was wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if my question is related to this post, but ....  I just used Fuse yesterday 5/3/23 (Win 11 via CC) and now today I cannot get it to launch. Does anyone know how to get it working again? Thx for any suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey ^^ hope this can help you. Personally the version of Fuse on CC bug, I use the version that is on Steam (also free) and it works great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

your post nothing what ever to do with the op no

also Adobe Fuse has been end of lifed and doesn't work but as pointed out the older Fuse 1.3 is still on Steam however getting that 32bit software to run on Windows 11 will take some skill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines