• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sorry unable to map your existing skeleton

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when I try to upload my character to Mixamo it gives me the error Sorry unable to map your existing skeleton, I am really new to Blender so I would appreciate it if you give me explanations, explain them in a way that someone who is not very experienced understands, here I leave you a photo of the bug and the model in Blender: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xb8n6W4ATyRiM_vG_K8UElj5Zan0VEgK/view?usp=sharingError.png

TOPICS
Animation Controls , Bug , Upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

your file is 78mb of rubish which needs to be lowered in order for Mixamo to rig... at 15mb I got it working

Screenshot (680).pngScreenshot (681).pngScreenshot (684).pngScreenshot (685).pngScreenshot (687).png

learn to use Blender tools by asking questions in the Blender forums and watching youtubes; start with this one

p.s, I'm happy to help answer questions but I'm a bad teacher unless you want to talk codes 😉

tip: take small bites with the decimate tool exporting out out each step then load it back into Blender and try again until you have something workable... never go more than 50% in a si

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your file is 78mb of rubish which needs to be lowered in order for Mixamo to rig... at 15mb I got it working

Screenshot (680).pngScreenshot (681).pngScreenshot (684).pngScreenshot (685).pngScreenshot (687).png

learn to use Blender tools by asking questions in the Blender forums and watching youtubes; start with this one

p.s, I'm happy to help answer questions but I'm a bad teacher unless you want to talk codes 😉

tip: take small bites with the decimate tool exporting out out each step then load it back into Blender and try again until you have something workable... never go more than 50% in a single hit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, could you send me the .fbx that you managed to compress, it doesn't work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here try this one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But please, send it to me without animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the character unrigged at a scale of 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the rigged character in Tpose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this solution doesn't work for anyone here, you should also disconnect any shader nodes besides base color and normals. Mixamo wouldn't take my fbx with metallic and roughness connected to the BSDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had a ton of similar issues. In the end, I believe there was something in my blendfile that threw Mixamo for a loop.

What I finally did to actually SOLVED THIS ISSUE was; Open a new empty blender application, so you have two applications open (one with the file youre trying to fix for Mixamo, and another with a clean slate). Then select the armature + mesh, and do CTRL+C to copy it, and then go to the new blender window and paste with CTRL+V. Then export to fbx from the new blender window.

Other things that are good to do and check:

1. In the FBX export options, check "only selected", and uncheck everything except geometry and armature. Also make sure to uncheck "add leaf bones", and uncheck "bake animations". 

2. Dont export with baked textures, materials, and other things you do not need.

3. If your mesh is large, you can go into edit mode, select all faces, and then do "unsubdivide" a few times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing, because you just saved me a lot of time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines