• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer from Fuse to mixamo

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest Creative Cloud Update (i think) i can not send the model from Fuse to Mixamo. A error connecting to Creative Cloud message appears and in my CC Library i can not find my latest saves. does anything changed?

(I know the solution with "exporting to OBJ and then import it to Mixamo but i need Mixamo Blendshapes on my model)

TOPICS
Animation Controls , Character

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Fuse to Mixamo uploads are still supported today, so you may be experiencing a temporary issue.  However, they will stop functioning on Monday, September 28th, as the Fuse application has been end-of-lifed and is no longer supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

the Fuse application has been end-of-lifed i.e, its finished

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need the blend shapes

if you saved a copy of your Fuse characters to CC library before Adobe pulled the server plug out of the wall two days ago then you have access to face blends inside Photoshop... but if you didn't make a save then you are indeed buggered because that option i.e, blend shapes [smiles etc] is now gone yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A total mess: so nobody informed me. That sucks at all. Kick ass. I'm total angry. sorry, you're not responsible for the mess thats going on in the upper floors of Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, right?  They warned us about the download not being available for a year... and gave us 4 days to tell us that the uploads for Fuse would be stopped.  They know we were in the middle of production on projects, with this in our pipeline, because we told them.  Oh well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BRING BACK FUSE SUPPORT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O sea que Fuse deja de funcionar ????? Porqué ?? Hice un corto usando ese recurso. Permitía hacer muchas cosas junto con Element 3D y Mixamo... Cuál es el motivo ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason is Apple Mac doesn't allow old software and Adobe can't be bothered updating it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway.....as a tertiary educator I understand that most of my students use MacBooks, but as a person who is desigining environments and activities for them to do lessons in (mine involve NPCs that I use Fuse to make and Mixamo to add the rigging), I have always used Windows. None of my students want to use Fuse or Mixamo, but they love using the characters I create using these tools. 

In terms of updating the software, I would be happy if they just left things as they were (i.e. so long as they still included blendshapes). While Fuse is not perfect, it is very straight forward to use and even with the fairly limited range of clothing, hairstyles, etc., you can still do a lot.

Such as shame really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"....In terms of updating the software, I would be happy if they just left things as they were (i.e. so long as they still included blendshapes)...."

Exactly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as a tertiary educator I understand that most of my students use MacBooks

I assume you live in the US then... Mac is big there which is why Adobe only cares about them but its seen as a joke here in Australia and only very old students would ever consider using one for school work

Yes 3D & 4D = Windows only ... Adobe is trying to pretend Dimension will change that but imo they are kidding themselves

Yes Fuse was great software able to do a lot more than make a simple human which is of course why Adobe wanted their staff. sad that Fuse is gone and Mixamo will be pushed into a corner and ignored... it is what it is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I am in Australia at a major Australian university and most of my students use Macs (including the young ones).

I wonder if Adobe would consider selling Fuse to users as a stand alone product? I would be happy to pay for it as it is. I guess the next main problem is Mixamo. Is there anyway Mixamo could be made a stand alone product that we could buy and run on our own machines to do the rigging? I don't know how big a program is it or how much computing power it needs, but it's just such a handy way to rig models that it's a shame to see it fade away. Even if it wasn't futher developed I would still be willing to buy it (although I would hope it already included facial blendshapes).

Adobe, what do you think? You could at least earn a little bit of extra money.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's doubtful because they are still going forward with Mixamo and then they would have to keep updating Fuse or keep it working with Mixamo and that's more money spent on a service that wasn't as popular as they'd hoped.

Also, Macs are big here because of Pixar, Steve Jobs having owned the company while it made Toy Story and such had a big influence on what the industry would consider to be a standard.

I own both though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So , is there any similar free programm with such an easy auto-rig with blendshapes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not for free. Fuse and Mixamo were one of a kind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an open source program called MakeHuman. I haven't had a chance to check it out in detail to see if it includes blendshapes. Here is a link: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/content/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that bad. I made a whole short with Fuse and Mixamo to show their potential https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNfF0RjOcqE . And I was about to do the second part. I honestly believe that everything that is 3d is being left aside by Adobe and we will have to migrate to Unreal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole FUSE experience is a totally sad story. If only Mixamo (preAdobe) had gotten that last update into Steam before the buy out and had provided some sort of export ability that would retain blendershapes we wouldn't be in this situation.

The excuse of using Apple as a scapegoat is insane. However if this is truly the case, it is yet another example of the minority swinging the axe at the majority and winning.   

Exert From " 2013-2020 Market Share "

Microsoft Windows is the dominating desktop operating system (OS) worldwide as of July 2020, with a share of 77.74 percent. Apple’s Mac operating system has been gaining market share over the years, albeit remaining a minor player in the desktop OS market. Linus, the third most popular desktop OS, has a small but stable share of the market.

FUSE was a great product that had a lot of potential, not only for the Indie Developer community, but for the Educational system as well.  

I know that there were a lot of educational institutions using FUSE along with Valve's SFM as introductory tools to 3D Modeling and Animation work flows simply because they were easy to use, did not cost the school or student a ton of money in subscription fees and the combination gave students a sense of accomplishment and insight when they saw their project completed. 

It is a pity to see such a valuable novice tool for be snatched away because of such short sightedness.

(Tails don't wag dogs people... WAKE UP!!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PteJack,

It is doubly frustrating that Adobe, a major coporation, snapped up a really promising platform and instead of developing it to it's fullest potential decided to kill it off. That's the problem with big corporate players. They are only interested in the dollar (which I do understand as they are a business), which is fine if they didn't kill off programs that were so beneficial for the small players in the process. Adobe is really only intrested in corporate customers. They don't appear to even have any sense of supporting or fostering the non-coporate, individual users who can't afford Adobe products and won't make a big dollar for them. That is such a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alerender!

I watch your video and was mesmerised by it. It is brilliant and really does show the potential of using Fuse + Mixamo plus other programs.

It is so frustrating that Adobe is not interested and not listening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks !! Yeah it's really a shame 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines