Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to load the Mixamo auto control rig in Maya

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I downloaded the Mixamo auto control rig from here,
Downloads | Academic Phoenix + (academicphoenixplus.com)
and I followed the instruction video to install it:
Quickly Rig your 3D Character in Maya and Maximo - YouTube
But it is not working, and here is the error scripts:
import MayaAutoControlRig
MayaAutoControlRig.UI.Main_UI.MIXAMO_AutoControlRig_UI()
# Error: ModuleNotFoundError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2022\Python37\lib\site-packages\shiboken2\files.dir\shibokensupport\__feature__.py line 142: No module named 'Utils' #

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Animation Controls , Bug , Character , Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

What version of the Maya plugin did you download? Please note that we currently don't have any support for control rigs in  Maya. The only support we have right now is for Blender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is because maya 2022 uses Python 3 by default, you can run it will python 2 and the script should work just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope ran into this error.

# Error: ModuleNotFoundError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2022\Python37\lib\site-packages\shiboken2\files.dir\shibokensupport\__feature__.py line 142: No module named 'Utils'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem as you, but what is shown is ImportError: file <maya console> line 8: No module named MayaAutoControlRig I don't know what to do.

I installed the plug-in for my Maya step by step in YouTube according to the steps in the video, but when I clicked on it, I displayed importerror: File < Maya console > line 8: no module named Maya autocontrolrig I don't know why? What went wrong    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is because Maya 2022 uses Python 3 not Python 2 which the version of the script is written for. There is a chap here who explains how to get Maya to force a python 2 onload here using a switch - NB if you have other tools/

plugins/add-ons that are designed to run python3 - they will break if you for a python2 load im guessing - So i would create a copy of you Maya 2022 icon & apply the swtich to that keeping your originlal to run witihout the add-on if needed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4BJ-ThVToo  

This video goes over a work around for getting the Mixamo Control Rig script working in Maya 2022. To make this work you right click on the Maya 2022 shortcut and go to properties. Then you navigate to the shortcut tab and go to where it says target. At the end of the quotation you make a space ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines