• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UNABLE TO MAP YOUR EXISTING SKELETON ON A MIXAMO RIG !!!

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I have a 3D Character, I want to rig it in mixamo so I can use the mixamo animation library.

The Auto rig has some mistakes so I want to improve some weight painting and bone placement in Blender.

After these I'd like to reimport it to mixamo the cleanly rigged character so the animations will match better.

I am using the Mixamo Add-on to create a control rig and zero out the rig.

I have been following this tutorial Mixamo & Blender #2 - Advanced Workflows (textured models etc.) (youtube.com) and I have seen other resources where they easily re import a mixamo rig.

My steps :

1. Upload the character and placed markers
  2. Choose an animation
  3. donwload FBX with skin
  4. Zero out Rig and Create a control rig
  5. Export with these settings (please see image) as suggested in the tutorial
  6. reimporting into mixamo
  7. I get the error message

EGIDIO3640781939ls_1-1712654128347.png

EGIDIO3640781939ls_0-1712653813602.png

I want to understand why this is not working before to waste time on weight painting.

Do you have any possible solution or work around?

I need just to fix the crouch and shoulder but is becoming very hard to figure it out.

I have even tried to just reimport the model without any modification or without control rig but is still giving me the error(!?)
Thank you very much

TOPICS
Character , Upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the error means the model you are uploading does not have a bone rig that can be matched to one of the stadard Mixamo rigs

as to why depends on details you didn't provide but i would guess its in the convert to Fbx stage because you didn't say 'standard Fbx'... with out the model to actually test thats just a guess on my part

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines