Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse CC 2017 is live! All that you need to know

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Welcome aboard the latest version of Adobe Muse!

This new version comes with lots of performance-enhancing improvements. I suggest going through the following documents to get a good understanding of all that you will discover with the latest version.

Ensuring a smooth upgrade to Adobe Muse CC 2017

What’s New in Adobe Muse CC 2017

System Requirements

If you do not see the latest version listed, click the gear icon on your CC desktop application, and select Check for app updates.

Note: Please create separate posts for questions about this release. This post is an announcement. While I am not locking it now, I will do that if this post becomes a catch-all for such questions.

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick question: Can you run and older version of Muse 2015.x and download and use the latest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CAVU,

From the creative cloud only there is a tab of previous versions, which shows old versions.

Thanks

Kratika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but the questions was whether and old version can be run with the new version?

My best,

Justin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but the previous version 2-16 is not listed there..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Kratika Agarwal: Starting Muse with a presse Shift key, doesn’t make a differnce - Muse crashes.

@ JustiBru: Muse 2015.2.1 is running

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sitting with my head in my hands. It's been 2 months working on this site.  Next week I need to deliver. This morning I finished the update and what do I get now..

Muse does not what to go any further than this. it's been stuck like this for more than 20 min.. I just ended up force quitting muse

Muse does not want to publish.. and it does not want to preview in browser.. Since the 2017 update.

Why do they make updates available if it's not stable? What am I supposed to to do now.

Now i am in a flat panic as I need to deliver next week and My tool is broken.

Please anyone???

Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 9.57.53 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to use Old version of muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OOOOk.. Right. So what I did was. I just waited.. It took almost 2 hours and then it completed successfully. Also when I clicked on the widgets in the library they were updated to be compatible with 2017. Now when I publish it takes about 5 min.. But thats manageable.  and thats it.. all is working.. Yey.... Almost had a heart attack..

All good now thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm trying to open Muse CC 2017 new release, this error is coming up.

Can anyone solve this Issue? Please.

Muse Error.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

With newest version of muse I have great problems with submenus!

There are always positioned in horizontal !!!

I need a horizontal menu - but submenu should be vertical.

In older versions there was no problem - but now I cannot use this feature.

How is it possible to solve this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

warning:

i upgraded to muse cc2017 today, and my old site (muse cc2015), i built one year ago, ( 02/2016 )

has different image dimensions now (it blew up some images) and muse also changed some breakpoints.

so i have to rebuild my site from scratch now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first time I'm trying to start Muse 2017 since update. The app trys to start and then just quits all together. I've tried about 6 times and same result. What do you recommend I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JustTim,

The bandaid fix for Muse crashing upon launch is to open Muse, then quickly open another Adobe application like Illustrator, PhotoShop, or InDesign and it prevents Muse from crashing. If you look at previous posts this fix comes from Michael. It saved me because I was in the middle of updating for a client. I had spoken with a number of different tech support reps from Adobe, and not one person was able to help me resolve this. They just tell you to download the pre-release or wait until a fix comes out, which is absolutely unacceptable! We're paying for usage of the apps, therefore they should work. Adobe shouldn't release updates until ALL bugs are worked out.

I am now having a new problem with Adobe Muse. When my client makes updates with in browser editing in the old version I was able to incorporate their edits. Now, with the new version it doesn't present a dialog box to include any updates, so now that my client made a number of changes, my Muse work file doesn't seem to sync up. ATTN ADOBE please offer a fix for this. adobemuse2017 adobemusecc​ adobemusesupport​ adobemuse

If anyone knows how to fix this please help. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont working Power Zoom in new 2017 muse CC. I doing what wrote in the instruction, but nothing happing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.. I think I will never again upgrade when there is a new release before there is fixes for all the new bugs..
I was really hesitant to move to Muse for webdesign.. Now I know it was a huge mistake.

Clients do not understand when you tell them " I have to wait for an update" all that happens is you lose business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could just reinstall the last version of muse if you are not satisfied with the current version. The prerelease may also fix your issue - https://museprerelease.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats not going to bring back the site that was converted to 2017..

Nearest backup is 2 weeks old.. So I just have to rebuild the entire site that I spent the last 3 months on..

yeah.. Good solution.. .. tsh..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with reinstalling the last version is that none of the files that were worked on in 2017 will open in an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree, regardV, my "old" muse 2015 document was also changed by muse 2017 (blown up images and changed breakpoints),

my fault was to forget looking for a backup of that document, so opened in muse and saved it by accident.

it seems that adobe muse team fires out these major updates as fast as possible before betatesting it by importing a dozens of older muse files. so we are the betatesters. to my conclusion, i never will work again without backups. so you can say its my own fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Power Zoom: See my posting #8 here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2231153

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does muse cc 2017.0.0 behave different regarding responsive "scale down with scrubber"-behavior compared to muse cc 2015?

i tried to rebuild 2 different sites i made with cc 2015 and grouping items or objects and scale with scrubber results in objects being treated as separately (they move away from each of them), muse cc 2015 treats the objects as group and they stay together fine, when scaling down with scrubber,

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have just updated Muse to 2017 version and now I'm having major issues with layout rendering when viewing in browser.

Type and objects are overlapping and out of line when viewed in browser despite appearing as required in design.

When I open a previous version with previous Muse everything is OK. I have now spent hours trying to sort this, what has happened?

Please can you help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish there was a way to tell everyone using muse 2016.. to WAIT

For the new updates.

2017 is in my opinion nowhere near ready for release..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you update to the latest version of Muse released today, and let us know if you are still facing this issue?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely no change to mine! Still in an absolute mess when rendering. Not sure about Muse 2017.0 more like 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines