• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse?

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

For those of you that haven't received the email around the Adobe Muse EOL, see the FAQ Product Announcement that tries to answer some the common questions around the announcement including the reasons behind the decision.

Before we proceed with discussing alternatives, the Muse application will continue to open on your computer. You will be able to continue to edit existing or create new websites with the application. Adobe Muse will continue to be supported until May 20, 2019 and will deliver compatibility updates with the Mac and Windows OS or fix any bugs that might crop up when publishing Muse sites to the web. However, it is quite possible that web standards and browsers will continue to change after Adobe stops support for the application.

While there is no 1:1 replacement for Adobe Muse at this stage, the FAQ link above provides some alternatives. Also, Adobe is making our own investment in DIY website creation and welcomes all Muse customers to join our upcoming pre-release program for a new format that will be introduced this year as part of Adobe Spark. Build a beautiful website—in minutes | Adobe Spark

That being said, I would like to open up this discussion for discussing other solutions and migration paths. It would be ideal if we could focus our efforts on the topic at hand.

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 2432 Replies 2432
Contributor ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read through much of this post, gathering a list of potential alternatives to research, so thank you everyone who contributed in that way.

I like may others am disappointed in this decision to say the least.  I am however glad to see that it's at least being supported for another year, beyond that (unless there's some drastic web changes) should still work for basic sites.  I use Muse for newsletters for work and a variety of websites for personal work.

The reason for my disappointment has many faces:

• No survey or consultation prior to the announcement/decision, I fill out all the Surveys from Adobe and I never got this impression from any of them.
  • A from-the-beginning Adobe CC subscriber, Muse is a big part of the reason for having all the programs.
  • An ACE in Illustrator, but they got rid of the ACE Portal as well, so the only real outlet is here.
  • Typically we petition for changes/edits/updates to programs, why no official Adobe one for the discontinuation of an entire program?

If Adobe Spark really is the suggested alternative, it may very well work for me at work with the simple Newsletters, but I'm still left out to dry with larger site building.  As I mentioned earlier I'll be checking out the alternatives, as well as trying Spark, but is there not anyone who can at least speak to what Spark can do now?

Thanks again for the assistance everyone, hopefully there will be a similar enough solution in the coming year following this outcry.
Jordan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it astonishing that you have decided designers are moving on to more technical programs.  We have no effing time to learn new technologies or UX based platforms.  I am so disgusted with you and your company.  You need to fix this, You need to reconsider or at the very least allow another comapny who gives a shite about us totake over Muse and continue it. It is a decent program finally and you hung us out to dry.  You have done this twice before to me and anyone who has been designing long enough with LiveMotion and GoLive it costs me 10s of thousands of dollars to move my client sites to Muse.  Feck you and start caring about US> IT IS THE DESIGN COMMUNITY THAT GOT YOU STARTED AND NOW YOU KISK US IN THE TEETH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is getting quite large. Understandably people are upset about this but this thread was supposed to be about alternatives.

I am starting to get together a list of alternatives and wondered if you all wouldn't mind helping.

It's an open document that anyone can edit. Please we all need to find something else so let's band together and see if we can find something.

Adobe Muse Alternatives - Google Sheets

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not use the Adobe forum to propagate the competition?

In the end it's just the same ethics as Adobe does! So here are my two cents for an alternative to Muse and it's not mentioned on any list: The Escapers : Flux

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put it here if you want to help us:

Adobe Muse Alternatives - Google Sheets

As far as I understood right from ankushr40215001​ , it is editable?

Thanks in advance

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is editable. There are currently 9 people editing and viewing it. some great comments added to it so far. Feel free to keep adding.

please view this if you have chance. There are almost 50 60 Alternatives to Muse. I will say so far there isn't a clear competitor but there are lots of options at least.

Thanks to all those that have added to the list so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went over to webflow, it's the closest UI to Muse. I am not a coder, and in the MuseGrid report you download when you watch GoodBye Muse from MuseGrid, they have comparisons of the many sites on the list. It does look like Webflow is the easiest for people like me. Closest to Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

knibbelknabbelknuistje  wrote

Why not use the Adobe forum to propagate the competition?

In the end it's just the same ethics as Adobe does! So here are my two cents for an alternative to Muse and it's not mentioned on any list: The Escapers : Flux

Mac only... but looks nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't seem to grapple the total anger and frustration here as you fob us off to talk alternatives! Is this the way Adobe manages their affairs nowadays - fob us off to the next platform!

I think Adobe is more for their new found love of the Experience Cloud (I get more emails about that nowadays (XD second most) then anything else Adobe) then anything to do with their Creative Community. Microsoft is all for their share price and couldn't care a crap about their consumer (dropped Windows Phone!) base and it looks like Adobe is joining the ranks now that they are in bed with Microsoft finding ways to milk us with their Experience Cloud!

I will not add to your Alternative List because Adobe disgusts me right now!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@greenskin – Oh, I do understand your frustration !!

But when you're a professional in the digital industry (web, app, video, social media, you name it) things move fast, changes will occur, platforms will come and go. E.g. I liked FreeHand so much more than Illustrator, I didn't want PageMill & SiteMill to go away, I was devastated when Adobe Edge Animate got dumped. I still can't understand why Apple downgraded Keynote, and I preferred the older versions of Word. But you get used to these twists and turns, your skin toughens, you shrug your shoulders, be down for a day at the most, and then you need to start looking forward again – as many companies do.

Let's talk again, after the weekend. Have a look at XD...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, think of the upside to this. Now Adobe can put all their money and effort into programs that are far more important. Like; Character Animator CC, and Fuse, and Dimension CC. Those are some pretty important programs that get used tons... This decision is nothing more than a cash grab to move to a Wix model. That's why they do not care if this affects you or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ckcbbain Well put

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe, I have been a graphic designer for close to 30 years and have seen your company grow through the decades. I appreciate all the fascinating applications that you have designed / bought and improved, as these applications have really helped my design firm grow.

I have been promoting Muse to my many clients for the last 6 years and now I feel somewhat foolish as the rug has been pulled out from under me by the company many of us admire so much. Like many on this thread have stated, it is very disappointing to find out that Muse is being terminated, and that there is nothing better to replace it.

The time it will take to reconstruct/rebuild all our customer sites will be a true nightmare. It hurts just to think about how I am going to have to explain this to my customers and “do the right thing” by migrating their beautifully constructed Muse sites to “who knows what.” It would probably be best not to send out anymore surveys because I am quite sure all of the people on this thread will not “Recommend this product to someone else.” I almost feel like completely dumping Adobe and going to Corel, or even some open source programs all the way around. We know you have the power to fix this, so please fix it before you (we) loose all our customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've started to think that Muse is probably being cancelled because Adobe saw it as an extension of BC, or something. At one point a few years back, they probably thought they'd entice people with Muse, and that'd pull customers into a monthly subscription with BC.

I like BC, I host my own personal website on BC, along with a handful of customers websites. But it became pretty clear that Business Catalyst couldn't compete with other services like Wordpress, for whatever reason.

Muse can stand on it's own without Business Catalyst. It is a great independent program that can stand all on it's own.

Is, by killing Muse, Adobe telling us we should start building template based websites (even Spark, with what we can see now, is template based. Blah)? If it is, Adobe's also sending a message that their belief in unique and custom web design is dead or dying. Or at least Adobe, the largest design software company in the world, can't compete there. I don't believe creativity or custom design is dying, and since they are all about providing tools for creative people to use (right?), I doubt Adobe does either. But that is the message that is being sent here, to me at least... Or, at the very least, they're saying (by cancelling Muse) they can't provide proper tools to the creative anymore.

If this isn't true, then Adobe needs to tell us what they're working on and what we can expect. And let us know that we can trust them again, and trust in the software they release

Again, Muse is a great independent program that can stand all on it's own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They must be out of their minds over at Adobe HQ. Don't they know that what happened to Quark, happened for a reason? I think we just witnessed the beginning of the end for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

annettecarla  wrote

I think we just witnessed the beginning of the end for Adobe.

I don't think so. Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign are core applications, not to forget Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects for the video part. And not to forget the Acrobat and the Postscript business. There have always been products that got killed and users that were upset with that decision. But we still can access Fireworks, Encore and a lot of other stopped programs as long as they run on out OS.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dislike!!!!! Sticking up for Adobe for making such a poor decision??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is  crazy announcement.

Used the Dreamweave for more than 15 years and started Muse and spend almost $ 100.00 to joined the membership.

You suggested to use Adobe XD ....what is this?

and on  SP  I see JUST FOR FUN...again what this?

Who needs JUST FOR FUN when you tried to design for Clients.....

I'm going to contact Adobe customer service and try to get my membership( Musefree.com) from adobe.

You don't even mentioned Dreamweaver so I shouldn't go back to Dw ...?????

Now we're leasing the programs WE DO NOT HAVE CHOICE .......

YOU GUYS PLAN THIS LONG TIMES AGO..

DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE YOUR MEMBERS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wefollow  wrote

You don't even mentioned Dreamweaver so I shouldn't go back to Dw ...?????

Dreamweaver is a program for coders not designers. It's much more technical and the learning curve is steeper. It's not a direct alternative for Muse. I recommend using Muse as long as possible and looking quietly but definitely for a replacement software inside or outside of the Adobe portfolio.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo, sorry - you sound just like Prenan, uninvested and indifferent.

There is no software 'inside' of the Adobe portfolio that can replace Adobe Muse for the middlewight web design audience that use it in their digital workflow for client projects.

Your statement highlights either you lack of interest in this thread, your lack of knowledge on the product, or your lack of understanding the core users that this affects the most.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will use Muse until I die!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines