• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse?

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

For those of you that haven't received the email around the Adobe Muse EOL, see the FAQ Product Announcement that tries to answer some the common questions around the announcement including the reasons behind the decision.

Before we proceed with discussing alternatives, the Muse application will continue to open on your computer. You will be able to continue to edit existing or create new websites with the application. Adobe Muse will continue to be supported until May 20, 2019 and will deliver compatibility updates with the Mac and Windows OS or fix any bugs that might crop up when publishing Muse sites to the web. However, it is quite possible that web standards and browsers will continue to change after Adobe stops support for the application.

While there is no 1:1 replacement for Adobe Muse at this stage, the FAQ link above provides some alternatives. Also, Adobe is making our own investment in DIY website creation and welcomes all Muse customers to join our upcoming pre-release program for a new format that will be introduced this year as part of Adobe Spark. Build a beautiful website—in minutes | Adobe Spark

That being said, I would like to open up this discussion for discussing other solutions and migration paths. It would be ideal if we could focus our efforts on the topic at hand.

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 2432 Replies 2432
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just echoing the anger over the decision to kill muse!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

I am sure there are many disappointed customers - I have only been using Muse for a month and really like the functionality. Having said that, I understand that development continues and that fazing out one app will make way for a new, hopefully, better one. There are 3rd parties that sell Muse exclusive Widgets - the question is whether it's worth purchasing Widgets from these companies or whether it's worth waiting for Spark? Is there an agreement with existing 3rd parties to continue developing for Spark?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the interest in the Adobe Spark variant to create websites. The product is still in its infancy, and is still quite some time away from a Beta release. While it is likely that there will be plans to rope in widget developers and such at a later stage, I don't think the product is at that level right now.

Like any product, the initial build, I am guessing will be the minimum viable product. Other features will be added based on consultation with users that sign up for Beta.

In summary, sign up for using the Spark variant, and wait until you are invited to test. You will be able to have a more fruitful discussion with the team directly in the prerelease program.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse was still in its INFANCY! Adobe just needed to invest further in it but they just gave up just like they have with their customers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After what happened with muse, i doubt many will want to jump in and make widgets for Spark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran ,

Is there any chance MUSE is becoming open source? Any?

bartl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say that it is highly unlikely that Muse will be made open-source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a CC subscriber.  After this I haven't got the heart to invest in anything produced by or related to Adobe.

Most companies would be happy to make a good profit.  In pursuit of maximising their short-term $ profit I think Adobe might be sub-optimising their whole business as this will inflict massive brand damage.

At the end of the day we went with them because they were perceived as trustworthy heavyweights. It's ok to say you won't be continuing with a product but to provide no decent run-off cover is not. Given the (probably) thousands of hours invested by each user I would say 5 years minimum is the period of time for which they must undertake to support Muse. That would give everybody a chance to deal appropriately with existing sites and new work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will features that formerly belonged to DW and were ported over to MU come back to DW? Sitemap hierarchy comes to my mind...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse was built on a separate platform with it's own roadmap and workflows. There could have been similar features but I don't think they were "ported" from DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on a Mac, the closest to Muse (wysiwyg) is sparkleapp. Blocs is mac as well but a bit more involved.

Pinegrow is real slick, but you'd need a little wordpress, bootstrap, css or html background.

Webflow is a more expensive option and a little codeing knowledge wouldn't hurt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still reading the threads with great interest and still, I have to say, a heavy heart, having built up a secondary business around Muse. All the things I want to say have been said, but feel strongly that not knowing how to code fully is not lazy and some of the pricing models are a bit steep to those that can't commit many hours to learn - but that's not to say we / I haven't picked up a few things along the way - its just whether we want to base our interaction with software around code, even a visual way to build coded elements.

What I would say is that Muse filled the gap completely between clients that did not want off-the-shelf templates, nor did they want an enterprise class coded solution (with the price tag to match).

I'm experiencing the same issues as others being presented with a not that intuitive workspace. I suppose my order of preference so far is:

Blocs

Pinegrow

Webflow

Sparkle

Costs and time to learn are a factor in this.

My main problem is having delivered sites based on functionality (search, etc) and my main client being well over a hundred pages who requires IBE, is the roadmap OUT over the next 12 months onto a new platform which the client, if all goes well, would not notice the material difference in functionality.

Good luck out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All. Last night Muse was giving me errors when I simply updated a single link to another page on the site. Muse was not formatting he resulting url correctly which resulted in the error. I saw that there was an update for Muse so I installed it and now Muse is giving me this error when preparing to post the site.  Has anyone else here experienced this?

I'm feeling even more frustrated that they put out an update with serious of a flaw that renders the application useless and a website not functioning. Is this what we're in store for until may 2019?

Here is a link related to this issue: Original property must have a px value Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 9.47.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI -- I had this same error, and it turned out to be a corrupt Accordion Panel Widget after I updated Muse, too.  I did a screen-share-chat with an Adobe helper, and we resolved it...maybe your's is similar? Check out this post: Just updated Muse, and got this error when uploading to Host

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

Thank you for taking the time to address everyone's complaints. A thankless job!

Thank you for your great tech support over the years. I will miss using Muse for sure.

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

Just posting this here because there is nowhere else.

My annual Muse subscription auto-renewed on March 24th. I received the Muse EOL message on March 26th.

Adobe customer service refuses to refund any portion of the annual fee. I find this to be one of the most annoying things about Adobe subscriptions in general. Cloud software access can be denied at any time. Why not prorate my refund?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this. My subscription auto-renewed on Mar 7. If Muse was not going to be a part of CC anymore, I would not have kept my subscription. We should at the very least get a discount for the remaining time in the contract. While I realize that we "still have access to the program", who wants to put any amount of time into something that will be useless within such a short timeframe? So disappointed in Adobe and the lack of customer service.

Highly DISsatisfied Customer -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just received this...

In a follow-up to our announcement at MAX in October 2017, Adobe will begin end-customer notifications in March for Creative Cloud price changes in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. With those changes taking effect on Adobe.com, and the channel after this notification period. Until then renewing subscribers can experience the value of the latest features and products. New subscribers can lock in a year subscription at the current price with no additional charge. Our current STE Student/Education, Creative Cloud Photography, and Acrobat CC plans will see no pricing adjustment.

Prices will vary by plans, for example:

• Creative Cloud for Individual Single App plans will increase to $20.99 per month, from $19.99 per month, or $1 per month
  • Creative Cloud for Individual All Apps plans will increase to $52.99 per month, from $49.99 per month, or $3 per month
  • Creative Cloud for Teams All App plans will increase to $79.99 per month, from $69.99 per month, or $10 per month
  • The increased prices are effective beginning on April 16th, 2018.
  • If a customer has a month-to-month plan, they will see the price increase on their statement at the next billing date that occurs on or after April 16th, 2018.
  • If a customer has an annual plan and they,
    • Pay monthly -- the new price goes into effect at the end of your annual term that ends on or after April 16, 2018.
    • Pre-pay annually -- your price will not change until the following annual term. Adobe will notify subscribers of the price increase at least 30 days in advance.

The pricing update comes after five successful years of Creative Cloud innovation, which brought game-changing features, and hundreds of new updates that are now indispensable to customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started an Adobe Muse page

Adobe Muse - Tech Social Net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has always been the problem and danger with the Cash Cloud. They can choose to change prices or product offerings in any way or at any time they desire. Much like the initial release of Creative Cloud, Adobe's response remains "take it or leave it". The subscription system is built to sustain customer loss and retain constant cash flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kentt8461877,

where did you find this news?

it would really be the last straw!

You know by chance if it also affects prices for European countries or at the moment only for the countries you mentioned?

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marco,

It looks like the same information you referenced that Kent posted earlier.

Can also be found here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/subscription-price-increase.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi W_J_T,

thanks a lot for answer…

then at any moment it will also be applied to european subscriptions.

One more good reason to change and start with apps from other companies that I hope will be less arrogant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, I couldn't seem to find anything specific to Europe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines