• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can someone please help me identify how this is made?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new in Muse so please bear with me while I ask this. I really like this site: http://berlin.aftermotion.com/berlin/index.html#top

I am trying to recreate it in Muse but I am facing three difficulties which I hope someone could help me solve:

1. The typing CSS text effect on the home page ...is that made inside Muse or do I really need a 3rd party widget to achieve this?

2. The background image that disappears when scrolling to the rest of the site content, is that inserted as a "browser fill" in muse or in some other manner?

3. The triangle shaped cut-outs used throughout the design... I can't figure out how to achieve this....obviously I can't draw them since there is no Pen tool in Muse....?

I really appreciate all the info and help anyone can give!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W_J_T  wrote

Just Buy The Template and save yourself and others time.

I agree that buying the Muse Template for $19  is a good short term plan especially if you need your site up fast.  But If something breaks later on, you're on your own because Muse is EOL. 

IMO, the best long term strategy is to get off the Muse crutch now before you're committed to it.  Eventually, you'll have to rebuild your site with other tools anyway.  So why not put your time and money into something more productive like learning CSS Flexbox and CSS Grids?    At least those web technologies have a good 5-10 year future.   Muse is already on life support.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all the suggestions, folks! I appreciate it.

I decided to hone my skills further, and not to just buy a template to replicate it. I managed to replicate all the elements except the "resizing" v-shapes. The best solution was to insert them as SVGs but they don't get disproportionally resized as I wanted, which is not that big of a deal actually.

I replicated the site 90% accurate and I was pretty satisfied with the result. I moved on to the next project and I will be posting a separate issue I am facing at the moment.... I do enjoy using muse...never mind it's EOL, it's a great tool and I will enjoy using it while it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines