• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closing Muse ? Are you serious over there ?

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helloooooo! Over there, are you listening to me?

I think you have to take a close look to stopping support of the Muse project.

We have spent a lot of time learning how to use Muse, we have created a large number of customers with websites through Mouse, and we continue.

If you respect your customers, you should think again.

Muse is not Flash to have security issues or its works not supported by browsers. Although the flash continues, the name is changed to Animate.

Please respect us and continue the good work on Muse.

God bless America.

Erik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Hi all,

Apologize for your frustration. I understand that the transition to another software will not be without challenges. Having said that, Adobe Muse will continue to be around and supported for another year. You can continue using Adobe Muse beyond that as long as its code is supported by web standards and browsers, and for as long as your OS supports it. If you have hosted your site on BC, you have a year to migrate it to a third-party hosting provider.

Assets such as text and images can be

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 418 Replies 418
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am literally in shock over this decision and feel physically sick about putting my faith in Adobe.

I decided to move away from a DIY web builder in September last year and spent the next 4 months learning how to use Muse and rebuilding 15 websites on the platform. This was a massive undertaking for me, but was done with confidence that it was going to really benefit my business in the future.

One of the main reasons for migrating to Muse was that I felt it was a risky strategy to be placing my trust in a DIY web builder company that could go bust at any time, where as using Adobe would be be a safer and smarter way to go. Wouldn’t it?

And the reason for this…

“As Adobe continues to re-focus on developing products and solutions that provide our customers with the most value”

What a load of crap! The real reason is that you are money grabbing bastards and as Muse probably doesn’t make you obscene amounts of money, you’d prefer to Judas you loyal paying customers, rather than continue your efforts and support us Musers.

Thanks a bunch Adobe for completely screwing up my web business. Who do I need to talk to about getting those 4 months of my life back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.change.org/p/adobe-systems-adobe-do-not-discontinue-muse

Absolute Disgrace!!!!!!!! Sign to get adobe's attention!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move away from Adobe products. They've killed so many products (Fireworks in particular), and while doing so, have not incorporated the strong points of those products into their own faulty programs.

CC started and I stopped funneling money to Adobe. Still use Creative Suite 5.0 on MacBook Pro running older OS. I've been slowly replacing elements of CS 5 with Affinity products (stellar) and QuarkXpress (yes, Quark).

I've found hopes and prayers of a company, especially Adobe, keeping their programs alive and up-to-date, is a foolish game.

Diversify the number of tools you've got to achieve your goals. Blather all you want about x-amount of tools for x-amount a month.

They just killed your livelihood by axing MUSE. CC InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop are lumbering beasts. I'm using the latest on a Windows 10 machine at work and they are no great shakes, especially Illustrator.

Just my 2 cents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Danny,

I know this is a MUSE thread... but... I have to step in and 'defend' Illustrator.

It has always been a far superior tool to freehand and, especially, Corel Draw. And today, if you want to work in packaging -- for example -- then you need to be an Illustrator heavyweight: it has the accuracy and simplicity to achieve the right results. It also works in tandem with ESKO tools, etc., for a managed solution.

And going way back... I worked in a studio where we created all the artwork for OHP presentations in Illustrator 88 but then used Freehand to print them out! That's all we used it for. In those days you had a bout half-a-dozen varieties of pen tool in Freehand against the one, simple, pen tool in Illustrator!

Terry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terry,

I'm not an intensive Illustrator user but it a vital tool amongst the many. Illustrator CC 2018 does not feel that much more advanced than Illustrator CS5 and after almost 10 years you would think that it would be leaps and bounds above it's previous self. Why Adobe didn't take the best of Fireworks and implement it is a question for the ages. I do realize that in not stepping onto the CC I had to find an alternative to Illustrator and that's when I discovered Affinity Designer. Again, not being an Illustrator "power user", I can't comment on the various differences/shortcomings, etc. I can say that for what I need to do in Illustrator, Designer is far more responsive and, once over the learning curve, far more intuitive and non-destructive.

Working in production at print shops, I can say that receiving Illustrator files is a love/hate sort of thing. There are many great designers using Illustrator that provide spot-on files. There are also many who do not seem to understand production workflow and Illustrator in and of itself won't provide those answers (nor will Designer). The simple process of converting fonts to outlines or proper use of layers (having to dig down through hundreds of layers to make a simple change request from a client can be a nightmare).

I think the point is that If I still relied on Adobe for the continued support of the programs that I need/use, I'd be wary of which products to invest my time into and what may become of the one's I use. I bought the Macromedia Suite right before Adobe swallowed them, and watched as they killed Fireworks, did not much of anything with Dreamweaver, and eventually killed Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just opened Dreamweaver for the very first time, and in just 5 minutes, I know it's not for me. WYSIWYG it certainly isn't. Too much of a different system to get to grips with. What I just don't get is why web development is so stunted in options? Surely with people very quicklya bit fed up with the free website builders, and finding DW to much, why did Serif dump web plus (which I really liked) and now Adove dump Muse? Is there no money to be made from web development any more?

I also feel sorry for those businesses revolving around selling you add ons for Muse - their entire income stream blown away overnight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really think Adobe should reconsider this. What a waste of time learning such an awesome programme. How do I know that if I switch to Adobe XD that the same won't happen in a few years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, @candice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my thought exactly... Do I risk learning another Adobe program simply for them to pull the pin after a few years.. Ummm .. NO!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am livid!! How can you discontinue the one usable web design software out there??? I really believe you need to rethink this Adobe!!!!!!! I have built multiple customer sites using MUSE and have spent a great amount of time learning all the ins and outs of the software. Why??? This makes me skeptical to learn any of the new software you offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.change.org/p/adobe-systems-adobe-do-not-discontinue-muse

Absolute Disgrace!!!!!!!! Sign to get adobe's attention!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to keep this discussion more readable, can you delete all the duplicate posts, and just keep one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need my message heard! Sorry but please check out the petition! Can u send it to the people higher than you and ask them to send it to the people even higher and so on???????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change? Yes, you can! I uninstalled all 2018 versions. Go back to 2017.

I haven't even noticed "great performance improvmements."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... I have to say that it seems a little bit quicker on refresh of icons/thumbnails... and it makes the file size smaller. Also, the update that includes being able to Copy and Paste Attributes is a major bonus and such a shame it comes at the end of the programs' life!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got on board with Adobe CC from day one. I have previous experience with Dreamweaver but Muse really was perfect for my needs. With my subscription going up and now Muse disappearing I will be doing research into alternatives before I renew my CC subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what I'm thinking!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe todays announcement, especially coming just three days after paying a lot of money to renew my subscription. As a designer with 'no coding' I moved to adobe from Quark Xpress when they dropped their web offering. Now having spent a lot of time learning the applications, invested money in widgets, fonts and have numerous sites up and running for various clients I feel totally abandoned. Websites by their very nature are an evolving design, unlike print, so clients expect to be able to use and develop their sites over the years. If I had to recreate them in another application this would involve months of additional work which I can't charge for and with no guarantee that I would be able to recreate the sites exactly, which would make me look stupid and unprofessional to my clients.

With the amount of criticism on the withdrawal of the app, it would appear that there is a need for Muse or at least a direct replacement within CC. This isn't a game, it's people's business and livelihood at stake and is a very poor decision by Adobe. Luckily all my sites are hosted by independents so at least that is one nightmare I don't have to deal with. Having recently gone through a host provider withdrawing their services and having to move numerous domains and sites which involved a lot of unpaid work and bad feeling with my clients.

Suggesting 'other' applications really isn't a solution and Adobe should reconsider their decision. In over 30 years of working Adobe have had a lot of money from me and really should consult their customers before make such far reaching decisions. Other than this forum is their anyway to actually get in touch with the decision makers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we need to look into a class action vs adobe. They made people believe and trust that they were going to continue this product. Convinced people to switch over client accounts to get them to the cloud platform and then left them out in the cold. They need to pay everyone who invested time and money into them. I hate you Adobe!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! Or maybe some sort of petition? Do they realize how many small businesses they are shutting down?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not care about its customers anymore. That was evident when they went to a subscription model that did not allow us to keep the software once our subscription was up. All other companies let me keep their software after a subscription lapses, I just don't get upgrades. Then I can still open files I have created with the software I paid to create them with!

There needs to be class action suits on that issue alone! What about when I retire? Do I want to keep a subscription going just to open my files??! Adobe DOES NOT care about us any more! I have been using Adobe products from the very beginning. Illustrator 88, Photoshop 1, etc! I paid for all upgrades, all those years and they screw me at the end of my career by making me pay FOREVER! I have been converted from an Adobe Evangelist to an Adobe HATER! I hope Adobe is run out of existence, or comes back around to actually listening to and caring about their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I agree with most of what you say in regards to subscription pricing with no purchase option, I'm not so sure about

scorched-earth punishment for Adobe. I think, like Quark, they will become a victim of their own greed and arrogance. Sad, but it seems shareholders are more important than customers. I also understand several posts with graphs showing how wonderful Adobe stock is doing and how the introduction of CC instantly shot their numbers through the roof (could happen with any product seen as vital that forces customers into a subscription model). While I still have to use Adobe products where I work now (and that holds true for wherever I may work in the future), for my personal business I got over the anger and have moved onto newer non-Adobe products. Quark has come around and I find it better, in many ways, than InDesign. Never wanted to be locked into a single ecosystem so I never personally upgraded to CC. I'm sorry for all of those who did and are now disappointed by

the loss of Muse (Fireworks, Flash, etc.). I don't want that to happen in my world, which is why I opted to find alternatives.

I don't think Adobe is going anywhere soon, but I haven't liked where they HAVE been going for some time now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I guess that's a little harsh Danny, just a little emotional from 30 years of relying on a company's software. I am learning Affinity Designer and Photo now, I just haven't been able to find an adequate replacement for After Effects, which is probably one of the reasons I haven't dropped my subscription yet.

Affinity Photo is getting really close to replacing Photoshop, as soon as they get a Smart Object equivalent, I'll be switching entirely. I am so disappointed, as Adobe used to truly listen to us. Back when InDesign came out, I wrote Adobe about the features that kept me from switching from Quark, and they implemented ALL of them in version 1.5! I was so impressed with their customer responsiveness! How I wish they would return to that mindset... I am glad to hear you are finding Quark in a good place! I think I'll have to take advantage of their side upgrade!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines