• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 403 - No Access Typekit

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason today Muse no longer has access to typekit. Can someone please help me? I have attached the error messages I received. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023
  • Typekit doesn't exist anymore.
  • Since 2018, Muse is unsupported End of Life software.
  • Muse will never be updated. 
  • Use Muse at your own risk or switch to other software. 

OPTION 1: Remove all Typekit fonts from your site one-by-one and hope you find them all.

OPTION 2: Rebuild your site without Typekit or any Themes or Widgets that rely on Typekit fonts.

NUCLEAR OPTION:  Maintain your site's web web files with a plain code editor and never use Muse again.  Site files can be dowloaded from

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you did change anything in your html with anything else than muse, then muse always still uses the fonts you once used with muse. So it makes absolutely no sense to make any changes different from within muse - as long as you want to publish via muses "publish to ftp". 

If you want to do so, then you must find all fonts, which are now kind of pink backgrounded, once this made visible wether there's a webfont or not, you must then replace these fonts with a webfont - a self hosted webfont, I recommend.

If you were lucky enough at the time you created the website and knew how to deal with paragraph styles, then it may need less time to make those changes, because the paragraph style only must be changed once for all pages.

By reopening all pages after paragraph-style-change, all fonts should be at its place.

If you didn't do so, well, …

Although Nancy is very keen in using html and is obviously quite good in coding, she has still no clue how muse works. So to tell users to do any changes with any code editor in a muse-file (it's just html code, created by muse), may be professional, it does not help here. 

I hope that helps …

KInd Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although Nancy is very keen in using html and is obviously quite good in coding, she has still no clue how muse works.

By @fotoroeder

===========

I know how Muse is SUPPOSED to work.  But it doesn't. 

When a product failure prevents users from publishing their sites and exporting to HTML, they have to take matters into their own hands.  Adobe won't fix it for them.

I have given Muse users three options:

1. Remove all Typekit fonts & hope you find them all.
  2. Rebuild the site without Typekit, or Typekit-driven Themes & Widgets. 
  3. Cut your losses now & abandon Muse. Maintain the site with a real code editor until a better solution is found.

Options 1 & 2 are no guarantee that other Muse failures won't occur.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe won't fix this issue but they are still happy taking the money off everyone each month for it. I can understand if technology moves on and the software stops working because of this. But this is a change Adobe has made. Without any heads up. That has caused this problem. They should at least attempt to fix it. Or stop taking people's money

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should at least attempt to fix it. Or stop taking people's money

By @anthonyb2794334

========

Adobe won't fix Muse/Typekit. They've made that clear.

As for taking your money... well, that's your option. 

https://account.adobe.com/plans

===============
How do I Cancel my Subscription?
https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html
===============
Subscription & Cancellation Terms:
https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks your tip was right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks your tip was right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got it to work by searching for fonts that I used fot my own website but cant load new web fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which web fonts are you trying to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Skolar Sans for my website. When I first opened my Muse file (the first time since January) all my text was highlighted and I got the error message about not having access to Typekit fonts, and needing to upgrade my plan, even though I have full access to Creative Suite. But I searched for the fonts, and they appeared and are usable. But I got the 403 error when I tried to load new fonts. (just as a test)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Muse is End of Life Software.  It's had no updates since 2018.
  • In the meantime, Typekit was discontinued and replaced by Adobe Fonts. 
  • But Muse doesn't support Adobe Fonts.  😞

Remove all Typekit fonts from your site and replace with standard web-safe system fonts.  Or substitute with self-hosted web fonts sourced from Google Fonts, etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I saw you had already posted that several times already. But it works fine for now for my purposes which is just a quick update. I'll be switching over to another web design program in the near future

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it works fine for now for my purposes which is just a quick update.

By @Steve Moniak

==========

So you're not getting 403 errors now??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No but I get a “Your account dont have access to typekitÆ when I try to load new fonts...again, only as a test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typekit does NOT exist.  It's kaput, dead, morte, fini.

To proceed with Muse, you must remove ALL references to Typekit from your site.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I see that know when I tried to upload a preview in my browser.

Thats too bad. I'll just leave as is now as posted on the web with the previous HTML file of code I that I previously downloaded from muse and uploaded on my web sserve, and look for another app to create a new website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, vous dites :

"Supprimez toutes les polices Typekit de votre site et remplacez-les par des polices système sécurisées pour le Web standard. Ou remplacez-les par des polices Web auto-hébergées provenant de Google Fonts , etc. "

Je les técharges sur mon disque . En ensuite, il faut les mettre quelque part. Sur Mac, dans "Bibliotheque/Fontes" mais je vais le mélanger. Dois je créer un dossier "Bibliotheque/WebFontes" . Faut il mieux Google ou systeme sécurisé ? Et ensuite, Quand j'ouvre le fichier avec "Sublime Tex" je trouve "<script src="https://use.typekit.net/ik/rWbwXLlMC8uM6kWErctxBni3jxcwn4PyWF5gWHHVC3qfe7IffHntyM9PHQI3FQjhFRqtWhbU5..." type="text/javascript"></script>

C'est ca qu'il faut virer?

Comment dire de prendre le nouveau "Ariel".

Merci beaucoup. Je l'aurai avec votre aide.

Aprés, je ferai un tuto "pour les nuls".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse will undo any code changes you make in a code editor (Sublime Text). 

Are you ready to stop using Muse permanently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines