• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HUGE PROBLEM!!! with: Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried uploading with ftp and export as html. It just doesn't wanna vanish away, I even tried deleting this script    

<script type="text/javascript">

window.Muse.assets.check=function(d){if(!window.Muse.assets.checked){window.Muse.assets.checked=!0;var b={},c=function(a,b){if(window.getComputedStyle){var c=window.getComputedStyle(a,null);return c&&c.getPropertyValue(b)||c&&c||""}if(document.documentElement.currentStyle)return(c=a.currentStyle)&&c||a.style&&a.style||"";return""},a=function(a){if(a.match(/^rgb/))return a=a.replace(/\s+/g,"").match(/([\d\,]+)/gi)[0].split(","),(parseInt(a[0])<<16)+(parseInt(a[1])<<8)+parseInt(a[2]);if(a.match(/^\#/))return parseInt(a.substr(1),

16);return 0},g=function(g){for(var f=document.getElementsByTagName("link"),h=0;h<f.length;h++)if("text/css"==f.type){var i=(f.href||"").match(/\/?css\/([\w\-]+\.css)\?crc=(\d+)/);if(!i||!i[1]||!i[2])break;b[i[1]]=i[2]}f=document.createElement("div");f.className="version";f.style.cssText="display:none; width:1px; height:1px;";document.getElementsByTagName("body")[0].appendChild(f);for(h=0;h<Muse.assets.required.length;){var i=Muse.assets.required,l=i.match(/([\w\-\.]+)\.(\w+)$/),k=l&&l[1]?

l[1]:null,l=l&&l[2]?l[2]:null;switch(l.toLowerCase()){case "css":k=k.replace(/\W/gi,"_").replace(/^([^a-z])/gi,"_$1");f.className+=" "+k;k=a(c(f,"color"));l=a(c(f,"backgroundColor"));k!=0||l!=0?(Muse.assets.required.splice(h,1),"undefined"!=typeof b&&(k!=b>>>24||l!=(b&16777215))&&Muse.assets.outOfDate.push(i)):h++;f.className="version";break;case "js":h++;break;default:throw Error("Unsupported file type: "+l);}}d?d().jquery!="1.8.3"&&Muse.assets.outOfDate.push("jquery-1.8.3.min.js"):Muse.assets.required.push("jquery-1.8.3.min.js");

f.parentNode.removeChild(f);if(Muse.assets.outOfDate.length||Muse.assets.required.length)f="Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author.",g&&Muse.assets.outOfDate.length&&(f+="\nOut of date: "+Muse.assets.outOfDate.join(",")),g&&Muse.assets.required.length&&(f+="\nMissing: "+Muse.assets.required.join(",")),alert(f)};location&&location.search&&location.search.match&&location.search.match(/muse_debug/gi)?setTimeout(function(){g(!0)},5E3):g()}};

var muse_init=function(){require.config({baseUrl:""});require(["jquery","museutils","whatinput","jquery.watch","jquery.museresponsive"],function(d){var $ = d;$(document).ready(function(){try{

window.Muse.assets.check($);/* body */

Muse.Utils.transformMarkupToFixBrowserProblemsPreInit();/* body */

Muse.Utils.prepHyperlinks(true);/* body */

Muse.Utils.fullPage('#page');/* 100% height page */

$( '.breakpoint' ).registerBreakpoint();/* Register breakpoints */

Muse.Utils.transformMarkupToFixBrowserProblems();/* body */

}catch(b){if(b&&"function"==typeof b.notify?b.notify():Muse.Assert.fail("Error calling selector function: "+b),false)throw b;}})})};

</script>

But then it won't display the images. :c please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Please install the latest release which includes fix for this issue :

Muse 2017.0.2 is now live

Thanks,

Sanjit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload your site there as a test and see if you get the error. You may have to adjust cache settings on your web hosting. If all is well on the BC site, you can show your hosting company an example of it working without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think it's a cloudflare issue. but im only a beginner so i don't wanna jump into a conclusion about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try disabling Cloud Flare and retrying? Did that work for you?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I paused all CloudFlare's effect I'll wait 20 minutes and see if anything changed. I will also try deleting cache with 2 browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works just fine for me. No errors at all.

If it was a problem with the site it would happen for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem with almost any site I updated recently. But also my clients had this problem viewing their sites. The message appeared on every click they made. It appears on different browsers and all platforms.

I read in a previous forum that it mostly happened while exporting to HTML and uploading with another ftp-app. But with my sites it's the other way around. I always used "Upload to FTP" within Muse. But since I get this message I use "Export to HTML", clear everything on the server and then upload again with Cyberduck. It seems to get around the problem but it's pretty annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And i swear im not trolling, i can prove. please don't close this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it was CloudFlare, But I don't know why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with darkitconsulting.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please install the latest release which includes fix for this issue :

Muse 2017.0.2 is now live

Thanks,

Sanjit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did and it is still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried the other solutions in this document? Some files on the server may be incorrect or missing

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is occurring with the latest software.

This messaging feature needs to be removed.  It creates a poor experience for no reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not cache related.  People who have never visited the site before experience it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, since i installed the new Muse version, i'm occurring the same issue. Even though it seems like the website is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to MuseThemes they have a solution as does adobe if you do a little searching...

Some files on the server may be incorrect or missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

36. Re: Issue with this error - "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cac...

VexShadLevel 2

Free Widgetsformuse "Tools | Hide-message" widget.

never see this annoying message again. Just place the widget somewhere on your page.

It does NOT solve the muse problem

Download https://widgetsformuse.com/widgets.html#!/Tools-Hide-message/p/86716540/category=22375045

Try this first, before you subscribe to muse-themes.com.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s a FREE TIP....no widgets required! You don’t need to subscribe to Muse Themes...if you checked it out first you would know...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ifzrZQh1HbU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two other people that edit my website.  When I saw this fix I was so excited. However, after watching it, I discovered that I don't have a file named AppPrefs.xml in my folder.  I opened all the files looking for the "suppressmissingfileerror" but to no avail.  I did have my other colleague's check their folders and lo and behold, they had the file. So they revised theirs.  I'm hoping this works, but am still stumped as to why the file doesn't exist on my computer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good...it works if you check it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PROBLEM HAS RESURFACED!

As for last few days client's site is stating: "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author."

Above Mr. Preran (ADOBE STAFF) states that the problem has been resolved by a new version of Muse (version 2017.0.2). It's not (anymore). See my current version below.

I also tried all the other above mentioned solutions (clearing cache etcetera). No solution there either. Also tried deleling website files and reinstalling, looking for Muse updates, etcetera. No solutions.

My current Muse version is: 2017.0.2.60

The url giving the error is: www.hollandinvest.com

The browser used is: Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit)

IOS used: Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3 (16D32)

Please help, because this is costing money to my client. Visitors are dropping fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You site "www.hollandinvest.com" doesn’t display the mentioned alert here (same system as yours, Chrome, Safari).

This normally indicates a local cache issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No error on my side as well. I read about this issue a lot.

Could it be, that users create this error by ...whatsoever...? Also most of the times, when I click the close button, the site works as intended, then. Or is it, that some elements are not connected properly, before publishing?

Is it something from hosting side? In earlier times, when I used Sitegrinder from Medialab, hosting companies asked the client, that there´s a file on the server that looks like a trojan. At the end it was always no trojan but just a file that the server-virus scanner could not classify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs to:

1) edit a test site on the computer they are viewing the site from

2) upload the changes via ftp through muse

3) open the site in chrome

4) THEN, comment as to whether or not they are able to re-create the issue.

Only after I know that this specific procedure has been followed will I feel confident that the testers have done what is necessary to re-create the scenario that SO MANY OF US ARE EXPERIENCING.

This is horrible and needs to be fixed ASAP.  I'm almost ready to jump ship because of the obscene amounts of complaints I'm getting from my clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines