• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HUGE PROBLEM!!! with: Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried uploading with ftp and export as html. It just doesn't wanna vanish away, I even tried deleting this script    

<script type="text/javascript">

window.Muse.assets.check=function(d){if(!window.Muse.assets.checked){window.Muse.assets.checked=!0;var b={},c=function(a,b){if(window.getComputedStyle){var c=window.getComputedStyle(a,null);return c&&c.getPropertyValue(b)||c&&c||""}if(document.documentElement.currentStyle)return(c=a.currentStyle)&&c||a.style&&a.style||"";return""},a=function(a){if(a.match(/^rgb/))return a=a.replace(/\s+/g,"").match(/([\d\,]+)/gi)[0].split(","),(parseInt(a[0])<<16)+(parseInt(a[1])<<8)+parseInt(a[2]);if(a.match(/^\#/))return parseInt(a.substr(1),

16);return 0},g=function(g){for(var f=document.getElementsByTagName("link"),h=0;h<f.length;h++)if("text/css"==f.type){var i=(f.href||"").match(/\/?css\/([\w\-]+\.css)\?crc=(\d+)/);if(!i||!i[1]||!i[2])break;b[i[1]]=i[2]}f=document.createElement("div");f.className="version";f.style.cssText="display:none; width:1px; height:1px;";document.getElementsByTagName("body")[0].appendChild(f);for(h=0;h<Muse.assets.required.length;){var i=Muse.assets.required,l=i.match(/([\w\-\.]+)\.(\w+)$/),k=l&&l[1]?

l[1]:null,l=l&&l[2]?l[2]:null;switch(l.toLowerCase()){case "css":k=k.replace(/\W/gi,"_").replace(/^([^a-z])/gi,"_$1");f.className+=" "+k;k=a(c(f,"color"));l=a(c(f,"backgroundColor"));k!=0||l!=0?(Muse.assets.required.splice(h,1),"undefined"!=typeof b&&(k!=b>>>24||l!=(b&16777215))&&Muse.assets.outOfDate.push(i)):h++;f.className="version";break;case "js":h++;break;default:throw Error("Unsupported file type: "+l);}}d?d().jquery!="1.8.3"&&Muse.assets.outOfDate.push("jquery-1.8.3.min.js"):Muse.assets.required.push("jquery-1.8.3.min.js");

f.parentNode.removeChild(f);if(Muse.assets.outOfDate.length||Muse.assets.required.length)f="Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author.",g&&Muse.assets.outOfDate.length&&(f+="\nOut of date: "+Muse.assets.outOfDate.join(",")),g&&Muse.assets.required.length&&(f+="\nMissing: "+Muse.assets.required.join(",")),alert(f)};location&&location.search&&location.search.match&&location.search.match(/muse_debug/gi)?setTimeout(function(){g(!0)},5E3):g()}};

var muse_init=function(){require.config({baseUrl:""});require(["jquery","museutils","whatinput","jquery.watch","jquery.museresponsive"],function(d){var $ = d;$(document).ready(function(){try{

window.Muse.assets.check($);/* body */

Muse.Utils.transformMarkupToFixBrowserProblemsPreInit();/* body */

Muse.Utils.prepHyperlinks(true);/* body */

Muse.Utils.fullPage('#page');/* 100% height page */

$( '.breakpoint' ).registerBreakpoint();/* Register breakpoints */

Muse.Utils.transformMarkupToFixBrowserProblems();/* body */

}catch(b){if(b&&"function"==typeof b.notify?b.notify():Muse.Assert.fail("Error calling selector function: "+b),false)throw b;}})})};

</script>

But then it won't display the images. :c please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Please install the latest release which includes fix for this issue :

Muse 2017.0.2 is now live

Thanks,

Sanjit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issues on my site.  Would be grateful if someone could come up with a solution.  It happens on every page that is opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same to me – no error.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a site with a kid singing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people will experience this and others won't...depends on browser cache settings and other stuff I know nothing about. But it explains somewhat why some people experience it and others don't.

Wonder if the new Muse update will solve this issue properly...I hope so. I think that's what is being worked on.

Is "cache busting" the remedy Adobe has or will use to try to prevent the dreaded "some files on your server may be missing..." from appearing?

If so, how is Adobe preventing the "performance speed hit" implementing cache busting is known to cause?

Other web apps seem to have figured out a way to make this work okay. Word Press has it s a plugin.

Last...if "cache busting" is used how are cached file names and cached images going to be handled in Muse?

Previously Indexed content (SEO)...can take a serious hit ....Previously indexed images and other content including whole pages can get wiped from the search engines index if cache busting is used and not carefully implemted ...I know you all are experts and being careful but just want to know that an issue isn't being overlooked and causing a bigger problem while trying to deal with the "some files on server may be missing..." issue ...some reassurance here would be good...thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author." Issue is BACK. Very disappointing! OK on Chrome. Still there on Safari after deleting the cache files. Firefox is also showing the error. I deleted files on the server and published using "Upload to ftp host" Still has error message. Any help at this point would be VERY much appreciated. Please Adobe fix this. I love using Muse but clients are getting upset and dealing with this issue is very time consuming,   If I'm doing something wrong I have no clue what that might be. Sure would like to get smarter by finding a way to avoid this error going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines