Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major layout error since latest Muse update

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Since the latest Muse software update some of my webpages are displaying incorrectly with many elements on top of each other. Please can Adobe support look at my .muse file so that this can be sorted asap please? Or does anyone have a fix?

This is how my page(s) should look:

1.jpg

This is how Muse publishes since latest update:

2.jpg

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated to the latest version, my  menu bar has disappeared in preview mode. Is there a way to fix this?  If not how can I go back to the later version of Muse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

z_wilkiins, please post screenshots of design view and preview. It would also be very helpful if you published to a free trial site and provide the URL so we can see the live output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I have made some changes and it seems to have improved things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

having the same problem with my site.

http://www.christianblanchard.com/

Screen Shot 2013-08-19 at 1.49.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-08-19 at 2.09.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dawit,

I've taken a look at your site and don't see the same issue. It looks like your browser may be in a weird state and holding on to some of the resources it shouldn't. Can you hold down the shift key and click on the refresh button again, and see if that fixes your problem?

Thanks

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope, this seemed to do nothing.

Kind Regards,

Dawit Eshete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. My site was picked for the site of the day, all I have done is updated muse and added the site of the day graphic.

Internet Explore 10 -  no issue

Firefox 23.0.1 - objects are pushed left or stacked on top, mouse can't scroll the page

firefox.PNG

Chrome 28.0.1500.95

Can't scroll with mouse page all jumpy , if I do drag the page down it jumps to the top of the page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dawit and srgray,

I'm unable to reproduce the issues you two are seeing. Try clearing the cache for the browsers that are having trouble, reload the page, and see if that helps.

If it does not, can you give me a bit more information about your setup? Namely, what operating systems are you on, are you on a laptop or desktop, and is your screen touch enabled?

Thanks,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew,

I tryed two different  computers at work, both desktops running Windows 8 and Chrome as the browser, same issue can not scroll the page down.

I went to the Adobe site of the day page, same issue with two other sites (http://www.atwork.pl/) (http://www.salesnexus.com/) can't scroll down.

On my desktop at home running windows 8. I uninstallled chrome, restarted the computer, installed Chrome and java again same issue.

I can reproduce this on three different computers all running windows 8 (no touch), but my laptop has no issue (running windows 8, no touch) ????

I get the same issue with Firefox as above on all computers and websites listed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew,

I just opend up the orginal HTML files that I had backup before the update, I have no issue with Chrome or Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also gone back to content from older MUSE version of page layout and pasted it on page and worked in some cases. Alos nudge something such as a picture box up a pixel and re: ftp upload and that has sometimes solved.

Just a little hit and miss and hard to trouble shoot when stuff is moving and you sometimes haven't changed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi srgray,

I was able to reproduce your issue, but only with a touch enabled monitor. Are you sure you don't have touch enabled? If not, check to make sure you haven't turned on emulation of touch support either somewhere on your OS, or within Chrome (in Chrome it is in the developer tools).

We have a known issue at the moment regarding touch support on desktops and parallax that is causing this issue. You should only see the problem on devices that are touch enabled on desktop browsers. And in that case, you should still be able to scroll with touch. We're investigating a fix at the moment, but don't quite have one yet. I would recommend joining the private beta program so that when we have a fix, you get it right away. Though, if you do, I would recommend saving a copy of your files as a backup. If you'd like to stick with the current release, unfortunately the only way to get around the issue that we know of is to either disable touch on your monitor, or disable the parallax features on your site.

I'm very sorry about the trouble here. As I said, we're investigating and will work on solving the problem as soon as we can.

-Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the arrow keys on your keyboard?

Sounds strange but I've noticed Chrome vanishes the scroll arrow to the right of page we are used to seeing. Using the down and up arrow key it allows you to scroll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting something similar where screen render preview looks fine but when you go back to design stuff is moving and jumping around out of sync with preview.

Also lots of content that was fine for a few months since the updates is erroring positionally so what worked with a simple text amend or change of content now doesn't.

Been pretty frustrating and lots of problem solving and deleting design just to make work. Lots of sending items to back and front and a pixel nudge left and right and back again then reload and sometimes solving?

Any light shared would be appreciated.

I truly enjoy the program a great deal but really made me wary of using for any future client work as well as making simple changes difficult.

I'm not opposed to user error but with respects stuff that was working fine isn't now so something has changed. Arial system font used and maybe a cause or conflict?

On OS X

version 10.8.4 for Mac

On an intel 2.7Ghz Core i5 iMac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Looks like this has been going on for some time now by the looks of this thread.

I too have an issue where the layout in the preview looks fine but when publishing to businesscatalyst the layout becomes all messed up.

I am using a purchased template and I tested by uploading the original site to see if I caused the problem or if it is in the original layout.  The original layout from the designer is here: http://erase01.businesscatalyst.com and it shows the layout problem I am having... again, only when viewing a published version (previews are ok).

In comparison, here is a screen shot of the preview browser (correctly displayed) layout:

Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 11.31.08 AM.png

I've reached out to the designer but from what I can tell their design is sound so it would seem this is a Muse problem.

Tested on Safari and Chrome.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying to my own thread.

I believe the cause may have been an embedded HTML frame (not visible, used for Google Maps) that was out of alignment.  Moving the frame may have helped.  If the problem crops up again, I'll post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alessandro G‌ there's a great deal of custom code that's part of this page that greatly alters the normal behavior of Muse. You'll need to work with the author of that code to resolve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines