• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"An unexpected error occur processing your request." when launching Muse.

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalled AIR and Muse 7 on Windows and try to log in on Adobe ID. ID works, I am logged in here.

Issue since Friday. Several questions in this forum but no answers.

error.JPG

Message was edited by: Corey@Adobe Edited title to accurately describe the issue/error

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

There are multiple different causes of login failures. In order of frequency:

1) opm.db file becomes corrupted and must be deleted. We're working to isolate the cause of this.

The opm.db file can be found in the OOBE folder in:

on Mac: <yourusername>/Library/Application Support/Adobe

on Windows XP: <youruser>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe

on Windows 7: <youruser>\AppData\Local\Adobe

Deleting this file will often address the error.

2) Inability to get to the internet. This is most commonly due t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2013 Nov 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been looking briefly through the posts here and I too am having issues with launching my Adobe Muse. I have had to use it on my alternate computer, a laptop. Since I updated, a month ago, I have yet been able to keep my muse open on my desktop, for which i prefer to use. I've deleted the opm.db file and both restarted and reinstalled Muse, i made all the updates to the AIR and I still cannot get it to work. I have an older desktop, its a PC - a Dell Inspirion 530, with XP operating system. Up until a month or so ago, Adobe made updates and I can no longer access my Muse. I use MUSE daily. But now i am stuck trying to transfer files between a cloud service for my work and my personal business, to be honest its frustrating and I pay for my services. I too cannot get ahold of the help desk, it says its not available or redirects me to forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I just started to get this error at the worst time. I just migrated to a new mac and get the above error when I try and log in. All my other adobe software is fine. I uninstalled, re-downloaded and ran all updates but nothing changed. I do not even have a firewall activated so very much doubt this can be the issue.

Anyone able to help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Count me in as another who is getting this error and can no longer connect to get up and running.  I've been using Muse for a few months and this just came up out of the blue around June 10.  I'm a Windows 7, 64bit user.  Firewall shouldn't be an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ZICI and pacificachris,

Would you please email me the log file /Users/<user>/Logs/PDApp.log (Mac) or %temp%/PDApp.log (Win) to muse-support@adobe.com (with the subject FAO James)? That will help us to diagnose the cause of this issue for you, and provide a resolution.

Thanks,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James, I can't find the file you are referring to. It has been 3 days without my main piece of software and it's costing me money. Cheers Rose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OSX 10.7.x hides some folders.

Go to "Go to Folder..." in the "Go" menu in the Finder and type "/Users/<yourusername>/Logs" and click "Go". In the folder that appears, find the PDApp.log file and please send it to muse-support@adobe.com with a link to this thread and ATTN James. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see from the attached screen grabs this folder can not be found. Rose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rose,

If you open Finder and then select Go > Go To Folder from the top menu, then type in ~/Library/Logs that should take you to the correct folder (even though it may be hidden, in 10.7/Lion and later versions of Mac OS). There, you should find the PDApp.log file.

Best,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2012 Jul 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zak,

I still get the "An unexpected error occurred..." message after deleting the opm.db file and restarting several times.  I have deleted and reinstalled the application and the error still occurs.  I have tried to open the program while utilizing wifi and while having an ethernet cable pluged in (wifi disabled) the the Macbook, and there seems to be no difference.  Photoshop and other cloud applications open normally, just Muse seems to be affected.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading from trial Muse (which worked great) to a subscription,

Same unexpected error when trying to activate.

Says to try again later,

hit the retry button

and the "working on it" rotating square just sits and rotates going on 15 minutes now.

I looked in the OOBE file

PDApp folder

I have a pim.db but no opm.db

I am working on a Macbook Pro

with Lion OS 10.7.4

airport WiFi

Quit and uninstalled Muse and AIR

reinstalling trial now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

Have been through all these advices - with NO result at all.

But look at this. No one should go through all this crap just to activate something that you already have paid for!

If any of you find some kind of solution - please us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well for some strange reason all of the trouble I had last night with getting Muse to start has been fixed.

I reinstalled and then uninstalled Muse trial and subscription last night three times to no avail.  I left the "needs activation" page up from my latest attempt last night, and this morning when I clicked activate, it said "unexpected error".  After pressing try again, I got sent to the sign up for feedback to adobe page, which I signed up for. Now Muse is working.  I don't know if it's full Muse or just the Trial, but at this frustrating point, I DON'T CARE!!!

Thank you ADOBE???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2012 Dec 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I too was faced with the dreaded "

An unexpected error occurred processing your request. Please try again later.

I-200" Error when launching Muse (I am a full Cloud Member and have used Muse for several Months)

I too have a pim.db but no opm.db inside the OOBE folder: well its actually an alias in the folder pointing to the> Ulitities/Adobe Application Manager/ folder. I am tempted to try deleting the pim.db, but would like further info from anyone before trying.

I have several clients sites in limbo and don't know what to do next. It seems its been several months since this issue was addressed here on the forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2012 Dec 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes finally found the pim.db, deleted and can now launch Muse.... whewwww. Thanks for the info Zak!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just reporting that today is the second time in a week that I've gotten this error and had to delete opm.db. Back to the drawing board.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines