Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vector images snapping back after placing into website

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am very new to Adobe Muse. I am placing a vector image, which I want to be my footer, onto my website. When I try to resize it holding the shift key, instead of snapping into the size that I want, it snaps back to its original size. I have attached a video. Please note that I have even tried going back into Adobe Illustrator to adjust the vector according to the size I want it to be in Muse, and it does not help. The image is still snapping back to its small size. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Everything was going smoothly until this.

muse-mac - Streamable

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

You should export the image from Ai as jpg and then put it in Muse. Ai file placed in the CC library is exported as svg, which is not suitable for what you want to do.

Well, of course, the options that DimitrisGR has proposed are also solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happen 'cause you stretching the SVG and vectors images depends from their 'Viewbox'.

You can solve this problem with 2 ways:

1. Open your SVG file with a text editor and add this: <svg ... preserveAspectRatio="none">

or

2. Draw a rectangle on your Muse file and fill it with your SVG image. Don't forget for Fitting to select 'Scale to Fit'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should export the image from Ai as jpg and then put it in Muse. Ai file placed in the CC library is exported as svg, which is not suitable for what you want to do.

Well, of course, the options that DimitrisGR has proposed are also solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines