• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android: Where are my images hiding?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the PS Camera for a little bit now and really love it. It does such a good job that I no longer carry a small knock-around camera on my daily travels.  

Unfortunately, I can't find them on my Android phone.  From what I can gather, they are supposed to be stored in a folder named "Albums".  There is no such folder on my phone.  Yet, when I go into PsCamera, and use the built-in viewer, I can see my images.  So they are stored somewhere on my phone, I just can't access them.

So, how do I access them for transferring them to my desktop system?

TOPICS
Albums or Camera Roll , Android , Design or User Experience , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Hello John,

Thank you for sharing your excitement for the app and your question about how to access images from your phone to transfer them to your desktop system.

When initially taking/editing a picture with Photoshop Camera, you can see it in All Photos under PsC Studio (formerly known as: Gallery). PsC Studio's purpose is to serve as a temporary workspace used to edit and share your pictures. You can click on a picture or project under PsC Studio and click the right bottom corner button t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John,

Thank you for sharing your excitement for the app and your question about how to access images from your phone to transfer them to your desktop system.

When initially taking/editing a picture with Photoshop Camera, you can see it in All Photos under PsC Studio (formerly known as: Gallery). PsC Studio's purpose is to serve as a temporary workspace used to edit and share your pictures. You can click on a picture or project under PsC Studio and click the right bottom corner button to save this project to Albums (also under All Photos in the app).

After you save images within the app, the image will be in the "Photoshop Camera" folder in your Android device. To export images to your desktop you can do the following:

1. Sync your device to Google Photos (You can set auto sync or back up manually) and then download to your desktop.

OR

2. Install Android File Transfer app on desktop and drag the whole Photoshop Camera folder to your desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's cool for just working with a single image, but I may shoot quite a few images and I'd like to be able to mass tag and copy the RAW files to my desktop.  Using the method you outlined is rather time consuming and seems to only produce JPG files. As a photographer, I prefer to work with the RAW file.

Now, it may be a function of either the Andriod OS or Google, I'm using a Pixel 4XL, that the picture directory is hidden.  When I used the PsCamera Download function, it created a PhotoShopCamera directory/folder with the JPG version of the pictures in it.  

While I was not exactly clear in  my initial question,my bad, where are my RAW images stored, and how do I access them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This, a THOUSAND times. I just installed PsC and took several dozen pictures. I am NOT a professional photographer, but the lack of a bulk or batch save function is a SERIOUS oversight, especially for a company that should arguably be at the very forefront of UI/UX. The pics don't even show up in Lightroom. How do you guys consistently let usability issues like this slide?!? I understand that you are giving users the opportunity to make final adjustments to each photo before saving, but that doesn't mean that everyone, or even MOST people, are only going to use the app like that. I suspect that most people are like me and and foto_john who want to take a bunch of pphotos and then move all the raw files to my PC at ONCE.

This application takes great pictures, but so does my stock app, and if I have to save them one at a time in PsC, then it just wastes my time and I'll go back to the stock app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GapingWound,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and experience using Photoshop Camera with us! We will consider your feedback for bulk or batch saving, and Lightroom towards improving Adobe Photoshop Camera.

We would love to hear your thoughts on improvements and encourage you to submit them to the Adobe Photoshop Camera Forum here: https://photoshopcamera.uservoice.com/ 

Your submission will be sent to the Adobe Photoshop Camera team for review. We look forward to seeing you participate! 

Thanks!

Jenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bigger problem further. I could not download the app on playstore for my Pixel 2XL, because it said it is not compatible with my device (most definitely because i am using Android 11 Beta.) So i got the apk file from ApkMirror and installed it. I take pictures and i can't even view them in the app. Neither can i find them anywhere in the gallery or in my files app. Based on what you said about having to save manually, i guess that is the issue. But if i cannot see them in the app itself, how am i supposed to save it? 

Nice work on the app though, but i would appreciate it more when i am actually able to see my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally contacted Adobe support and was informed it's compatibility issues. Said they're working on it and should be available in a future update. Guess I'll be left out for the mean then, how convenient. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines