• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Can't reposition gradient fill layer after entering the gradient editor

Contributor ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed this inconsistency in Photoshop since version 2020. Try this please:

1.- If we add a GRADIENT FILL LAYER.
Among other things we can change the location of the gradient by clicking and dragging on the canvas.
2.- But if we enter the gradient editor (although we don't edit anything), we can no longer move the location of the gradient.
3.- The simplest way I have found to solve it (on Mac) is to change the application momentarily (Cmd + tab and again Cmd + tab); this unlocks the function, and we can move the gradient again with the mouse. (Other annoying "solution" would be click Ok in the Gradient Fill box dialog and double click the thumbnail of the layer but... no).

I would appreciate if Adobe takes action in this particular issue that we have been dragging at least since PS 2020

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

It's still in the queue - but the gradient tool is going through some larger feature work that this issue is getting wrapped into.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Thanks for reporting. Looks like this stopped working between 2019 and 2020. Asked engineering to take a look.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting. Looks like this stopped working between 2019 and 2020. Asked engineering to take a look.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Jeffrey, best regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I sound annoyed but I can't believe that update after update, for two years (at least since PS 2020) Adobe has let these two problems slide:

1) GRADIENT FILL LAYERS: It's impossible to drag the location of the gradient after entering the gradient editor.

2) HISTOGRAMS: Inconsistency in histograms for Levels and Curves layers when applied as clipping to a masked layer.

I have already reported these errors before but nothing has happened yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still in the queue - but the gradient tool is going through some larger feature work that this issue is getting wrapped into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey, after all this is a good new! Please tell me something about the curves and levels histograms "problem"; I understand while this wouldn't necessarily be considered an issue, I feel like it's an "inconsistency" because the previous behavior (to PS 2020, I believe) was different.

For example:
1) we add a layer of curves and you get the histogram corresponding to the data below this ok? Now we delete the curves layer
2) we select only highlights, for example, and add a curves layer again, we will get the corresponding histogram of the visible data (it doesn't matter if we turn off the mask, the histogram remains the same) - of course this histogram differs from the previous one (obviously).
3) now we delete the layer again, select the reflections again and copy (command / ctrl + j) to a new layer; we add a curves adjustment layer and convert it to a clipping mask. In previous versions, the resulting histogram should correspond only to the data below (in my bad logic, the data from the copied reflections), but no, in the current behavior the histogram is the same for the whole image.

I hope my explanation is not confusing. I would appreciate any feedback on this.

Best regards.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to confirm, which histogram issue are you referring to? 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-wrong-histogram-behavior-in-clipped-curve-...

Or a different one? (link?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the same Jeffrey, I reported that together with the gradients issues on Aug 18, 2020.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/histogram-and-gradient-fill-layer-iss...

Here's another little video (1:23 minute) showing normal behavior on PS 20.0.10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxd36j1x_KA

Votes

Translate

Translate