Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: CS6 program error from vector tools, multiple text layer font size weirdness

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop CS6:

1. Vector shapes tool: when trying to select, an error displays.
2. When multiple TEXT layers are selected, changing font size does not work correctly.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013
Howdy folks,

I am happy to announce that a patch for this issue in CS6 is now available for Mac (13.0.6) and Windows (13.0.1.3).

Enjoy!
David

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013
Okay, I can finally post this:

We have made many fixes to the behavior of transformed text and they are now available in the latest release, Photoshop 14.1, which you can download RIGHT NOW. I will acknowledge, there are still a few lingering issues to resolve, but for most users, these fixes should handle their problems. We felt it was better to get a partial fix out now than a perfect fix in the future. We are still planning additional improvements for a coming release.

If you are still ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013
We've released an update to correct this issue such that the behavior of text size/transforms is the same as CS5:

http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotco...

Votes

Translate

Translate
99 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John and everyone,

This bug is absolutely on our radar and we are investigating the feasibility of putting this fix in an up-coming dot release. I am not at liberty, however, to give any further details at this time.

In any event, we do know that there's a problem and are working for the best solution possible.

Thank you,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

Thank you for your kind answer, please make sure this isn't just on the radar but on your priority list. You must know at this point that this is a big handicap for many of us that are specially focus on typo work.
It makes our work extremely frustrating and even more when the same promise has been made about 6 month ago.

Looking forward to get this over with.
Have a great week end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've released an update to correct this issue such that the behavior of text size/transforms is the same as CS5:

http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotco...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get this update? I'm a Creative Cloud user and the update doesn't show up via Application Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bugfix will come in a creative cloud update in the future, stay tuned BoB!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, your team made things worse. You now broke our script. Somehow Photoshop is still hanging onto the original font size in the text size area input, even after it's resized. Let me know if you want to take a look at the issue and I can show you our script.

If we create a NEW text layer, at the desired size, all is fine. But if we resize one to the desired size, it causes issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. Looks like more things got broke than fixed in the update. Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I can finally post this:

We have made many fixes to the behavior of transformed text and they are now available in the latest release, Photoshop 14.1, which you can download RIGHT NOW. I will acknowledge, there are still a few lingering issues to resolve, but for most users, these fixes should handle their problems. We felt it was better to get a partial fix out now than a perfect fix in the future. We are still planning additional improvements for a coming release.

If you are still struggling with problems, by all means let us know so we can make sure we address them.

Thanks and enjoy!
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about a patch for CS6? I'm not on Photoshop CC and have no plans to upgrade to it.

-R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. What about CS6??
This was not a bug in the original CS6 release, but introduced by Adobe in an update. What do CS6 users do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robbie and everyone else,

Yes, we have not forgotten CS6. We are looking into putting these fixes into an upcoming dot-release for perpetual users. At this time, that's all I can say.

Meanwhile, for those who have switched to CC, the first round of fixes are available today.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been working on a solution to these bugs for CS6 as well a for CC. While the transformed type fix for the Creative Cloud is already released, that for CS6 is still being refined.

If you are interested, I would invite you to join a special prerelease program to validate these bugs really are resolved. All you have to do is respond to this message. I will then submit your name and email address to the program. You will need to sign a non-disclosure agreement, since this software is not available to the general public. Then, you can download and tryout the fix for yourself. If we've missed something, your voice can help us catch it and repair it.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on totally on board. By the way, i am glad to finally see some of the fixes appear in this latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on board with this - been waiting for a fix forever, and would like to do something pro-active instead of sitting around waiting for you guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Scott,

Unfortunately, the prerelease program is now closed because we will be releasing the fix VERY soon.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy folks,

I am happy to announce that a patch for this issue in CS6 is now available for Mac (13.0.6) and Windows (13.0.1.3).

Enjoy!
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

I have installed this update, and it doesn't work. I am still having issues with font sizes.

I CANNOT work around this, because we are a printing company that offers online personalisation.

Since one of the updates in CS6, ALL our templates that have text layers, go beserk when running the actions and scripts. All the text that is personalised, reverts back to the original font size before transform.

We literally have over 150 images that we are experiencing problems with.

Re-opening and fixing each one of these images is going to take weeks - time we do not have... especially right before Christmas when we are supposed to be selling calendars online.

We cannot upgrade to Photoshop CC because a plugin that we use to handle the personalisation is not compatible with CC.

Please help me. I am at the end of my rope.

Fran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fran,

Sorry that you're frustrated; let me see if I can help. I'm not sure what precise problem you're having as the latest update should hit nearly all aspects of the text scaling bug. Can we schedule a screen-share so I can see what you're seeing and try to help come up with a solution? I have several meetings today, but am free at the moment. I will follow up with an email.

Let's see if I can get you some new rope...and maybe some bells and whistles!

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this bug been fixed on CC subscription version? It is still happening for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is fixed in the latest CC version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this not fixed in CS6???

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See David's post from 1 month ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated from PhotoShop CS5, and experimenting with CS6 (13.1.2) and CC (CC 14.2). I have a set of psd files with text which were resized, transforming the text. In CS5 the type size is 66pt. In CC it says "19 pt" but looks like 66 pts. When I build my app it displays as 19.

I tried deleting all the text and saving my psd as a copy, but when I try to add new text at 60 pts it is huge.

The numbers are slightly different with CS6, but the problem the same.

Is there a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Anna,

We made major changes to the way transformed type is handled between CS5 and CC. Hopefully, we will continue to improve this feature, but for now, you should not expect type sizing to function the same way in the three versions.

In CC (the latest, greatest), if you *CREATE* a new type layer, it will be at the exact point size that you see displayed in your Character Panel or Options Bar. Copying might be different depending on the versions you are using -- the underlying mechanic between these three is different and therefore such a workflow is NOT suggested. If you subsequently transform your type layer in CC, what you get will be your original point size x the transformation. If you then enter a new point size, you will get approximately that value, although under the hood you'll actually have your new point size x 1/previous transform value x scaling factor of the transform value ~= new point size (only an issue if you use HUGE values).

If you continue to have trouble, I can schedule a web-hosted connect session so we can do a screenshare and I can walk you through this.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate