"Open Recent" list does not always show the most recent file

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016
This should be solved in the 2015.1.2 update released today: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/201...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015
I just got word that someone else has been able to repro the problem internally and we'll be coming out with a fix soon.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate
54 Comments
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens with Windows 7 OS too so it's not just a Mac problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2015.1.1 solves several serious issues, but not this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but clearing the recent file list does not fix the problem. The next time I open Photoshop CC the same list of old files appears in my recents rather than ACTUAL recent files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David said they would fix it soon 27 days ago. An update has come out since then and the problem is still not fixed!

Of course, the liquify and filter menu bugs were much more troubling, but how hard can it be to fix the recents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update before the holidays was just for the most urgent issues. We are still working on fixes for the less urgent issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really would have thought the UI was the most urgent issue! Maybe Adobe has also not noticed how the Dodge and Burn brushes mostly won't resize using the { and } shortcuts unless another tool (such as Blur) is resized first.

And if that damn new UI isn't fixed in the early New Year I'm canceling my subscription (actually in my wife's name) and going back to CS6 where I least I can work at a normal fast pace instead of looking at every action before clicking. Sorry Seth Shaw but I, and many others obviously, am not a fan of your UI design work...perhaps stick to phone/tablet apps and not pro monitor size software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the subscription model, we really can now get new fixes out to our customers much faster than in the past.

Unfortunately, that doesn't mean overnight -- fixes still often take a little while to get out to customers.  Just cuz we've resolved a bug here doesn't mean it's available to customers the next day -- we gotta make sure all fixes are stable and don't have unintended consequences!  Then builds needed to be handed off, packaged up, and put on a server.  As a result, there's often a lag of several weeks between when we fix it and when you actually can get the solution.  During a holiday, that lag might be a little larger as most of the company is shut down.

Said another way, please expect to see the fix for this problem in the next update to Photoshop.  By law, I can't be any more precise about when that will be than "soon."

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix worked for me...
I might have a solution: it appears that clearing the recent list (File > Open Recent > Clear Recent File List) gets things working properly again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 2015.1.1 20151209.r.327 2015/12/09:23:59:59 CL 1055659

Recent file listing feature is not working since the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately only for 100 files. Then it happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe. Why is the label not "in progress"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "clear recent files" is just a workaround. It cannot be considered a reliable fix. This thing is just plain broken 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some time only, after a while it breaks again. This cannot be considered a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a problem from long time ago.
I always noticed I could not rely on my recent lists cause it was never updated. But I didn't really cared cause there was no "start page" to help you open the most recent items.
Now I wanna use this new feature, but it doesn't work thanks to a very old bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be solved in the 2015.1.2 update released today: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/201...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did the very latest PS CC update (see link in the post above) and the cascading is somewhat better BUT why is it that now opening a bunch of photos together can lead to random image placement like the example attached? They are all the same size images btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish i could update Photoshop to 1.2 or something,but..."Failure in the update", "Try again" aaand still..

If i uninstall photoshop will i get the error again and get screwed?..Better not try out

Hopefully Adobe can fix it ASAP

Thanks for the HEADS UP^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually that means that required files have been moved or deleted.
Uninstalling and reinstalling usually solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With ver 2015.1.1 it happened to me, but the solution Trevor Morris sent worked and solved the problem.

Oddly enough, it also solved another problem. When I dragged a file from Explorer to the Photoshop window in order to open it as I did in previous versions, it didn't work. But clearing the recent files also solved that issue!

Diego

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Diego,

Update to 2015.1.2 and the problem should be solved.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Upgraded and it seems to be fixed! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you David, updating now!

Diego

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2016 Aug 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does NOT work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using PS CS6. Win 10 Pro. Problem happened after upgraded to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro, but don't know if it is related.  When I click on "Clear Recent Files", the opportunity to click on "Open Recent" disappears.  If I then restart PS, the old list comes back.  If I keep PS open new files will go into Recent list.  If I close & reopen PS the old list comes back.  If I change Pref to  0 for history, Recent Files disappears. If I close & reopen PS, I'm back to the 10 old files.  If I set Pref to 30 for history, I then see 30 old files, not the latest ones I had open.  If I close & reopen PS, I'm back to the list of 10 old files!!  When will Adobe fix this??
BTW, if I try to open PS Help Center I get msg, "There was an error launching the default browser.  You may need to re-install the application and the Help component"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it worked prior to the update, I suspect something off with user permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate