• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adding brushes from free brushy to my iMac computer using Photoshop Elements 2021

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yikes, hours spent trying to do this, it used to be so simple on my other macs.  please help

Also, my computer says Photoshop 2019 in applications, but the heading on my computer says 2021. I bought it in 2020 September ish

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know nothing about Macs so I can't help you with your main question.  But I can tell you that Elements 2021 is actually Version 19 (not 2019).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The location for brushes on my windows computer, using PSE 2021 (Adobe calls it 19, PSE 2020 was 18):

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\19.0\Presets\Brushes

In MACS:

The application data folder on Mac, like some other operating systems, is hidden. So to navigate to it in the normal way, you need to show the hidden files in the Finder. Press Command + Shift + 

It says user after Users because I never named my account- what's important  is that you locate the appdata \ roaming directory.  

In windows there is a APPDATA LOCAL folder, and an APPDATA ROAMING folder.  You need to locate the MAC equivilant of the AAPP DATA ROAMING folder. 

When I download a brush file (an .ABR file)  I just drag it into my quick linked brush folder. 2021-01-17_040750.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @defaultgx62sal1e8cb,

Please navigate to Applications > Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 > Support Files > Presets > brushes and add the .abr file of the desired brush to this folder. When you launch Photoshop Elements, these brushes should begin to show up in the application.

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines