• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Elements 2022

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a copy of Adobe Elements 2022 which I purchased for £51 using a Groupon voucher.

I tried to install this on an ACER Aspire 5733Z laptop.  The installation took around 45 minutes and seemed to complete successfully - at least there were no error messages.  The laptop then took around two further hours to copy the photos and videos from the previous software (which was Adobe Photoshop 2003 version).

Adobe Elements 2022 opens successfully (though it takes about two minutes to do so).  When I launch the Organiser, the laptop says "Loading Organiser Workspace” but then it hangs and becomes wholly unresponsive for a while.  Then I get a message saying “Application is busy.  Please finish the current operation and try again”, even though no operation is in progress.  When I press “Close the dialog”, I am in Adobe Elements 2022.

When I highlight a folder and press “Slideshow”, the laptop hangs again for a while then says “Generating Preview”.  Then I get “Microsoft Windows.  The application is not responding.  The program may respond again if you wait.  Do you want to end this process?”  If I wait, I eventually get back to “Generating preview” and the laptop hangs again.

Once I got a message which said "Adobe Elements 2022 has encountered a problem and needs to close”.  I took up the offered option of sending an error report to Adobe.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can get Adobe Elements 2022 to work?  Or am I better off approaching Groupon and asking for my £51 back?

Stephen Sharp

Order summary:
Thank you for your order (removed by moderator), placed on 31 January 2022.
View Order Status
Description   Quantity Price
Stephen23011648bmzp_0-1644065723730.jpeg

Adobe Elements 2022: Photoshop Elements/Windows
  1 £51.00 
    Subtotal: £51.00 

Total: £51.00

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

4 GB of RAM is not enough, sorry.  You need at least 8 GB.  But 16 or more is preferred to support your OS and all other apps & services.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your computer meet the system requirements to support Elements 2022?  You need Windows 10, ver 21H1 or higher and ample HD space and RAM.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nancy

As for HD space, I have 335 GB free out of 447 GB. As for RAM, I have 4 GB
of installed RAM of which 3.68 GB is “usable”, whatever that means. I am
running on Windows 10 Home ver 21H1. So that should be OK shouldn't it? I
will reset my preferences as suggested by kglad and see if that works.

Thanks

Stephen23011648bmzp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

4 GB of RAM is not enough, sorry.  You need at least 8 GB.  But 16 or more is preferred to support your OS and all other apps & services.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines