• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements and dds files

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to get technical help with this product? If so, how do I open and edit dds files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

You didn't try this plugin i suggested earlier?

http://fnordware.blogspot.com/2014/09/dds-plug-in-for-after-effects-and.html

Photoshop elements won't open/save DDS files without installing a third party plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't try this plugin i suggested earlier?

http://fnordware.blogspot.com/2014/09/dds-plug-in-for-after-effects-and.html

Photoshop elements won't open/save DDS files without installing a third party plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved.

I installed the above plugin but it did not work. I retraced my steps and found that I had made foolish mistake.

Manually copied the plugin to the host application plugin folder and checked yes to install extra plugin.

Worked perfectly. I was able to open the dds file, edit it and save it as various other file formats that I needed, in this case a png.

All good, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop Elements forum from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently trying out PS Elements since CS/PS5.5 is struggling with Win 10.  I already have Nvidia’s Photoshop DDS plugin – will this work for Elements?  And if so how do I get Elements to use the plugin?  I’ve just attempted to open a DDS and got the “invalid file format” message.

For Photoshop 5.5 I just installed Nvidia’s executable told it to associate the DDS “converter” with Photoshop and automagically I could open/edit/save/save as DDS (I think; I installed the plugin more than 10 years ago).  Do I just need to re-run  Nvidia’s executable?

Thanx for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry to bother you, however for me this is not working, i am directly copying it into my plug-ins / file formats folder and it will not let me save or open dds files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system and version of photoshop elements are you using?

Which DDS plugin are you trying to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
i am using adobe elements 15 on a windows 10 desktop
thanks for replying 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines