• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Match Color Tone

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Guided > Replace Background, there is an option at the end to "Auto Match Color Tone"...which matches the tone of your subject with the background image you added.  However in expert mode, I don't see what it actually changed.  There's simply a Layer mask but I can't find where and how much it adjust the color, tone, etc etc.

Basically I'd like to perform "auto match color tone" manually in expert mode without having to go through the Guided menu.  

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im wondering why it doesnt show the adjustment layer it has to be creating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The adjustment is baked-in in the replace background GE. In the replace sky GE an adjustment layer is created.  You can skip using the match tone button. As I point out in my videos this often simply lightens the subject and sometimes produces a halo effect. Simply go into Expert mode, select the composite (top) layer and from the layer menu, add an adjustment layer above it e.g. brightness/contrast. This will adjust the entire image as I point out in my sky replacement video but hold down the Alt key and click between the adjustment layer and composite layer. You should see a downward pointing arrow. That will permit you to clip the layer in order to adjust the lighting/contrast for the masked subject.

https://youtu.be/_t_Mzt4zOjA

https://youtu.be/KYN61QixR9A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent. Just what I needed, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines