• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto shake correction has stopped working Elements 2021

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday this feature was working just fine. Today I updated to the latest Build, and Shake Correction, as well as Auto shake correction no longer work.

All of my video drivers appear to be up to date.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Thanks Greg.

Everything works as normal (wheel spins or dialogue box opens, but no changes are made.

I've used this feature on thousands of photos, and no it's not possible that only subtle changes are being made.

Windows also forced an update on me a day or two ago, and I guess it's possible this a Windows issue although all of the other features seem to be working fine.

I will contact Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

If that doesn't work, uninstall the program and download and reinstall it from this link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried both, did not work.

Also, I upgraded to 2022, still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?  And when you say the tools aren't working, what do you mean?  And are you getting an error message.  I don't recall anyone reporting this as a problem before.

Try contacting Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Help &Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10,

No Error message.

When I click on Auto shake correction, or shake correction, nothing happens; the wheel goes arounfd for a few seconds, but nochanges are made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's normal for a wheel to spin with Auto Shake Reduction.   It is only with the Shake Reduction that a dialog should open.  Are you saying that the dialog doesn't open?  Is it possible that the tool is working but it is unable to make any changes because there is no movement blur?  Or you just aren't seeing any subtle changes that are made?  As I said before, I don't recall anyone else reporting this problem.  I have no other suggestions beyond contacting Adobe Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Greg.

Everything works as normal (wheel spins or dialogue box opens, but no changes are made.

I've used this feature on thousands of photos, and no it's not possible that only subtle changes are being made.

Windows also forced an update on me a day or two ago, and I guess it's possible this a Windows issue although all of the other features seem to be working fine.

I will contact Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines