• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automate crop and straighten

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Automate crop and straighten - is this available in Photoshop Elements 2021?

If not which product do I need to purchase?

Have 1000's of old postcards to scan in to sell on EBay which are all the same size. Ideally would also like to resize to 600 pixels across and save for web at 'fine' setting. Anything to help automate the process would be wonderful.

Thanks

David

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop 2021 it is I do not know about  Photoshop Elements 2021. In Photsjop you could aitomats this ins as Action and batch the action with menu File>Scripts>Image Processor... . to fite to 600x600pximage.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Since your question is about Photoshop Elements, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted to PS Elements.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not an option in PSE.   I bought "Scan Speeder" to scan in hundreds of post cards---- I can scan three at a time- it separates them into their own files, it does not "Auto straighten" but it's easy to to.  Lots of variables to set up. 

I've found that I generally have to "despeckle" the post card scans- in particular with photo postcards from the 60's.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop elements has Image>Divide Scanned Photos and Image>Rotate>Straighten and Crop Image/Straighten Image

cst.jpg

There is also the Straighten Tool where you draw out a line along an area that should be level.

http://www.photokaboom.com/photography/learn/Photoshop_Elements/straighten/1_straighten_tool.htm

st.jpg

You can resize open images or folders of images using File>Process Multiple Files.

Unfortunately, that doesn't include Save for Web and photoshop elements doesn't ship with the ability to record/batch process actions, however, you might be able to automate the task using Elements+.

https://elementsplus.net/help/en/macros.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

I found the 'Divide Scanned Photos' on my Photoshop Elements 9 but it does not work. All it does is make a copy of the file so you have two to work on. I suspect that this is all it is meant to do and so will be the same on PSP Elements 21. To be honest I am happy to pay for the full Photoshop if it will do everything.

Thanks for your answer.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"To be honest I am happy to pay for the full Photoshop if it will do everything."

Adobe has several subscription plans for Photoshop. The least expensive is an annual plan, paid at 9.99 per month. You can get a free 7-day trial to make sure it works first.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Looks great but does not support a Mac.

Thanks for taking the time to try to help.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the full photoshop subscription will do everything you want, where as photoshop elements will probably do what you want but not without some third party addons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines