• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Backup Catalog Structure

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just upgraded to Elements 2022 and I wanted to backup the catalog structure as I'm totally fed up with re-tagging photos. I would have done a full backup previously if it didn't include the actual photos.

When I select the Backup Catalog option from the file menu it quite happily goes through both steps but when I click the Save Backup button it pops up a "Please wait whilst Elements Organizer prepares your backup..."

I've left this running overnight to no avail.

My catalog is around 26k photos and 2k videos with some tagging but nowhere near to what I used to have after destroying a previous catalog during a migration between older versions.

Thanks for any assistace

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Elements 2020 and seem to have the same problem. The backup dialog works as usual for both incremental and full backup, but does not seem ever to complete the task. After leaving it overnight, I finally killed the task. Is there a maximum photos that PSE can handle? I am concerned about this because it may prevent future upgrades of the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After all, I suspected a hardware problem and ran a checkdsk on all drives. I also went through the BIOS settings and adjusted a few (irrelevant?) things. Miraculously, the PSE backup now works. It is important to ignore the period while PSE is "not responding". After some time elapsed, the backup takes place--finally, sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines