• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black bars in Photoshop Elements 2022 on Windows 11

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop Elements 2022 on Windows 11. My monitor has a resolution of 5.120 x 2.160 pixels (5K2K) and my font scaling is set to 175% in my Display Settings.

When I open Photoshop Elements 2022 then I am seeing black bars (see screenshot) which make the software unusable for me. 

Does anyone else has this problem?

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else has this problem?

By @bennycode

Anyone else?

The first requisite is to find users of the same display type,

The second one would be that they use Elements or even alternative editors.

What I don't understand is why you have chosen this type of display. It is probably great for displaying your creations, but for editing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MichelBParis, I appreciate you taking the time to answer me, but your counter-questions are not constructive. I was just looking for others who also have black bars in the UI so we can find common ground for the cause of the problem. After some testing I have figured out that Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022 has problems with the font scaling feature of Windows. As soon as I set it to 175% I am getting black bars in the UI. When I set the font scaling to 150% or lower the black bars don't show up. This leads me to believe that the Photoshop Elements UI is not very responsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MichelBParis, I appreciate you taking the time to answer me, but your counter-questions are not constructive. I was just looking for others who also have black bars in the UI so we can find common ground for the cause of the problem. After some testing I have figured out that Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022 has problems with the font scaling feature of Windows. As soon as I set it to 175% I am getting black bars in the UI. When I set the font scaling to 150% or lower the black bars don't show up. This leads me to believe that the Photoshop Elements UI is not very responsive.

By @bennycode

Hi @bennycode ,

Good luck to find other users with the same display type on this forum.

I just wanted to avoid being too negative about your choice of a high res to work with PSE; especially a very uncommon one (5K x 2K). I have my reasons, you have yours, and I am really curious about what you like about this display for photo editing.

If you are following this forum, you must have discovered that hi res displays for desktops or laptops have been a severe problem in Windows for many years.

- lack of customization

- no scaling except for the 200% view

- different behaviour of the editor and the organizer for the Windows display settings.

That does not necessary mean that you won't be able to solve your problems, but you might have asked in this forum before chosing an expensive and unusual solution. I'll leave other users of Hi Res displays on this forum comment and try to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines