• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Burn tool

New Here ,
May 18, 2024 May 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to burn an area of a color photo, the burn is a shade of gray and not the color I'm burning.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS and version of Elements are you using?

Can you show us a screenshot of what is happening and include the tool options panel settings.

All I can suggest with the limited information you have provided is to reset the Tool through the controls that appear on the right side ot the Tool Options panel. 

Ashampoo Snap 16_Saturday, May 18, 2024_13h33m27s_1.png

And if that doesn't work, tryresetting the preferences file. Go to the Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The burn tool does not work well for this purpose. For example, if you have a picture of someone with blond hair, the tool fails if you wish to make the hair red. In order to accomplish this, I would make a selection of the hair, place the "hair" on a separate layer, open a hue/saturation adjustment layer above the "hair" layer & link these 2 layers (press CTRL+ G). In the dialog that opens, click the "colorize" box, and work the sliders.

Feel free to post your picture so that we may provide targeted guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines