• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Photoshop Elements run UXP Plugins?

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have written a plugin in UXP which runs on the latest version of Photoshop.  If I bought the latest version of Photoshop Elements would the plugin also run on that?

(In other words my question is whether Photoshop Elements has yet been upgraded to UXP.  It seems likely that it has since it now includes some elements of Photoshop's AI and also a Match Colour function.)

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

You can download a free trial and see for yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download a free trial and see for yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst this is a good answer, it is one that I cannot explore fully explore until my plugin development is fully complete.   The actual answer to this question could determine my development path.  (I might buy  Elements for use during the development phase.)  If any one knows the direct answer I would be interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your plug-in rely on any Photoshop Actions?  Those depend on whether or not a particular feature exists in Elements.  So while some Photoshop actions can play in Elements, if there is not an equivalent command in Elements, the action will not work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the ChatGTP answer.

As of my last update in July 2023, Adobe Photoshop Elements has not yet adopted the UXP (Unified Extensibility Platform) used in the latest versions of Adobe Photoshop. Photoshop Elements traditionally uses a different architecture and plugin system compared to the main Photoshop application.

Photoshop Elements is designed as a simpler, more consumer-friendly version of Photoshop, and it often does not include the advanced extensibility and scripting capabilities available in the full version of Photoshop. While it does incorporate some advanced features and AI-powered tools from Photoshop, the plugin infrastructure remains distinct.

Therefore, if you have developed a UXP plugin for the latest version of Photoshop, it is unlikely to run on Photoshop Elements without modification. You would need to check Adobe's official documentation or contact their support for any recent updates or changes in Photoshop Elements that might support UXP plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop CC supports UXP plugins:

https://developer.adobe.com/photoshop/uxp/2022/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines