• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't deactivate Photoshop elements 13

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uninstalled Photoshop elements 13 on my old computer but my new computer is still telling me I need to deactivate the copy on my old computer. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it on my new computer since deactivating it on my old computer but still no luck. Pls help.

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Unfortunately no luck. There were only two adapters - the one I need to use and the other one was already disabled. I uninstalled the disabled one just to be sure as I don't need it anymore (and because I'm good at uninstalling things). Still getting the same messages. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install it one more time, then log out.  Done. 

This view is from PSE 14.  Start the editor, then you will see this:

2021-12-13_043329.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I was hoping you wouldn't say that. It won't reinstall. I keep getting an 'adobe application manager has stopped working' message or it says there is no internet connection (there is however). The computer is stuffed which is why I have a new one that I'm trying to use the software on. This is extremely frustrating. I don't understand why Adobe won't just deactivate the old installation for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This particualr problem seems to be attributed to user system configuration--- 

In the past (About 7 years ago) this was an answer to a simliar problem.  

The problem is almost certainly due to the way your computer links to the internet. Nothing to do with anti virus. Go to Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network Connections.

If you go via Network and Sharing Centre then look for Change Adapter Settings.

You may see several adapters for connecting to the internet. Personally I have Local Area Connection and Wireless Network Connection and Wireless Connection 2. Wireless Network Connection is my wi-fi hub. Wireless Connection 2 is Microsoft Virtual Mini-Port. It is important that all adapters are completely disabled other than the one you use of course. If they say not connected this is not good enough - they must say disabled. The only one I have enabled is Wireless Network Connection (my wifi hub). This cured my exact same problem with my Adobe Suite and other software. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no luck. There were only two adapters - the one I need to use and the other one was already disabled. I uninstalled the disabled one just to be sure as I don't need it anymore (and because I'm good at uninstalling things). Still getting the same messages. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I forgot to turn off the firewall like I did yesterday so I did that. In 'allow programs to communicate through Windows Firewall' I also selected 'allow another program' and added the autoplay file from the Photoshop disk. Anyway, it now installed but I can't sign out and it's giving me the same 'please connect to the internet and retry' message. I have also added elements to the allow through firewall list but still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines