• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't resize images or frames in photo book using photoshop elements 2018

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop elements 2018 to create a large photo book project on my MacBook Pro running Mojave 10.14.2. I have lost the ability to resize images and frames while creating the book. I can no longer use the move tool to grab and resize a combined image and frame. Here are the symptoms:

1. I can grab and move both an already combined image and frame anywhere on the page...but they remain the same size.

2. I can double-click within the frame and grab the image then move it and resize it--but when I drag the image outside the frame it seems to disappear behind the page background. The frame remains frozen in place.

3. I can open a new blank page in the book and drag an image from the Photo Bin.  When it opens it covers one of the two blank pages and cannot be resized with the move tool.  But, I can still move it.

4. Similarly I can drag or click a frame from the graphics area and when it opens it appears large and can be moved but not re-sized.

5. I can open both an image and a frame on a blank page but they will not combine into one unit. they can, however, be moved independently.

Can anyone help me figure out what's going on. I don't remember resetting any controls or preferences. Sure would appreciate it--I've got 2-years invested in the project. thanks.

EAS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

See if resetting the pse 2018 preferences works.

Go to adobe Photoshop Elements Editor>Preferences>General, click on Reset Preferences on next launch and restart the pse 2018 editor.

res.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if resetting the pse 2018 preferences works.

Go to adobe Photoshop Elements Editor>Preferences>General, click on Reset Preferences on next launch and restart the pse 2018 editor.

res.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Resetting the preferences did the trick. I didn't know how to do that till you send me the visual guidance. Thanks a lot.

EAS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

I don't know what I'd done but I did what you suggested and all good.

Thank you so much

Anet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines