• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open heic files in Photoshop Elements 2021 using Windows 365 even though I could before

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been opening HEIC files with no trouble until tonight.  Now it says it cannot be opened

2022 09 19 - CANNOT OPEN heic files.jpg

Last time this happened, Adobe updated my software and it fixed the problem even though my software says it is up to date.  What is up?  I tried rebooting my computer and updated everything I can find to update to no avail.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Microsoft Store and download the Heif Image Extensions. 

Snap_2022.09.20_11h57m2s_001.png

If it is already installed as shown in the above screenshot, try uninstalling and reinstalling it.  You can uninstall it by going to Windows Settings>Apps:

Snap_2022.09.20_12h2m50s_002.png

You should also download and install or reinstall the HEVC Video Extensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried reinstalling HEVC app - no improvement.  Though when I try to install the HEIF  image extensions app it just says 'open' it does not appear anywhere in my list of installed apps so I cannot uninstall it to try again.  Very frustrating.  When I open that app it appears to be just a stand alone app that lets me open files inside the app itself - it does not seem to facilitate opening the files inside Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021.  Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've just paid closer attention to the title of your post.  I have no experience whatsoever with Windows 365 so cannot help you any further.  I've never heard of anyone using Elements with that Cloud service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines