• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon CR3 File Import for ELements

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the Adobe Camera Raw 11.4 that claims to support the new Canon CR3 raw file format.  However, every time I try to import a CR3 file, Elements claims invalid file format.  I have restarted Elements and rebooted - same issue.  Is there a problem with version 11.4 of Camera Raw and Canon CR3 files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've moved your post to the Photoshop Elements forum , where you are more likely to get help with your question

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR 11.4 is only compatible with Photoshop; not Photoshop Elements.

Which Canon camera are you using. You may be able to convert CR3 to Adobe Raw (DNG)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but the ACR documentation says that it supports Elements. I am using the new EOS 90D. Yes I can convert to DNG it's just a speedbump in my workflow. I have always been able to use elements with Canon raw files in the past. I just upgraded from the EOS 80D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 90D is too new and is not yet supported in either ACR or DNG converter. Use the Canon software on the EOS utility disk that comes with the camera. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - according to this, the 90D is supported with ACR/DNG 11.4.
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html#Canon

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the ACR documentation says that it supports Elements."

Can you provide a URL pointing to where you are reading that?

This URL says Bridge and Photoshop only:

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"With Adobe Camera Raw, you can enhance raw images from many different cameras and import the images into various Adobe applications. Supported applications include Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, Lightroom, Photoshop Elements, After Effects, and Bridge. The table below lists all cameras that the Camera Raw plug-in (versions 1.0 through 11.4.1) supports."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased, downloaded and installed Elements and Premier Elements 2020 and still cannot import CR3 files from my Canon 90D.  I reloaded ACR 11.4.1 stil can't import CR3 files.

I poked around in the ProgramData directories on my computer and found that the Canon 90D does not have a camera profile directory.  However, other cameras that use the CR3 format are there.  I might not expect support for the 90D since is is only a month old but the CR3 format has been around for 18 months.

The documentation for ACR 11.4.1 explicielty claimes support for the 90D and Photoshop Elements.

I wish someone from Adobe could respond and provide some feedback and help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually DNG Converter 11.4.1 is now available. So that’s the way to go as there are no camera raw updates for PSE.

Download for Windows

Download for Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Random_Deviate said:

I have purchased, downloaded and installed Elements and Premier Elements 2020 and still cannot import CR3 files from my Canon 90D. I reloaded ACR 11.4.1 stil can't import CR3 files.

When 2020 was introduced yesterday (October 3), it had ACR 11.3 installed.  Today (October 4),  my computer has been updated to 11.4.1 (without user intervention).  Others in Europe have indicated that ACR 11.4.1 was available on their computers yesterday for both Elements 2019 and 2020.  My computer updated 2019 to 11.3 yesterday.  I am waiting for it to update to 11.4. 

So, what I am saying is that you should check regularly to see whether the automatic update has been applied to your computer.  If you go to the Help>About Plug-ins menu and click on camera raw, the currently installed version will show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RESOLVED. I had to locate the ACR Camera Raw 8bi file and move it to the Elements 18 plug-ins directory

Move:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats\Camera Raw.8bi

TO:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 18\File Formats\Camera Raw.8bi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the identical problem. New Canon 90D CR3 raw format is not recognized in photoshop elements 2020. Dowloaded 11.4 but still can not edit CR3 RAW. Searching for a solution. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW,  less than an hour after I wrote my last post, Elements 2019 has silently updated to 11.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have the identical problem. New Canon 90D CR3 raw format is not recognized in photoshop elements 2020. Dowloaded 11.4 but still can not edit CR3 RAW. Searching for a solution. Thanks."

Don't waste your time by downloading the .11.4 plugin: it only works with the full Photoshop. The only way to update Elements is from the menu Help >> Update and only when that option is no longer greyed out. (See previous answers).

The solution is still to use the DNGconverter until an update comes for PSE 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Richard I found the answer:

RESOLVED. I had to locate the ACR Camera Raw 8bi file and move it to the Elements 18 plug-ins directory

Move:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats\Camera Raw.8bi

TO:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 18\File Formats\Camera Raw.8bi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines