• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded from Photoshop 21 to 23 and converted the catalog as suggested.  The converted catalog shows when I load PS 23 but no photos are showing.  If I go back to PS 21 all the photos are there.

I looked at the catalog directory and saw the following

Bridgeman42_0-1673873924914.png

catalog.pse19db shows file size 55,556 kb and if clicked opens PS 21 organiser with all the photos.

catalog.pse21db shows file size 130 kb and if clicked opens PS 23 organiser but no photos.

Why do I not see any photos?  Does it take some time for the new catalog to load the photos or do I have to import the photos again? 

Anthony Trice

TOPICS
Download and install , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you did not convert the Elements 2021 (version 19) catalog to Elements 2023 (version 21).  I don't know whether the suggestion you were following gave the entire procedure, but you need to do the following (if your catalogs are in the default location):

• Go to File>Manage Catalogs and click the Convert button. This will open the convert catalogs dialog
  • Select the Elements 2021 catalog and click the Convert button.

If you cannot find the Elements 2021 catalog, check the box to show previously converted catalogs.  The number of media items shown for the catalog will give you a good clue as to which catalog to convert:

Snap_2023.01.22_20h15m24s_003.png

If you still cannot find the catalog because it is not in the default location, click the Find More Catalogs button and you will be able to navigate to wherever you put it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for your email and advice. I had done as you suggested and in
fact repeated the process several times without success. I contacted Adobe
and spoke to a live Agent. He told me that after conversion of the catalog
I needed to restore the old catalog to the 2023 organiser where the
converted catalog was shown. This was successful and I now have Adobe
Photoshop 2023 up and running.

Anthony Trice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines