Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalogue tags

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have reluctantly upgraded from PSE10 to PSE 15 and during the set up requested a new catalogue rather than altering the existing PSE 10 version

Of course now none of my images have any tags!!

Is there anyway to rescue this?

Regards

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

plw1053  wrote

Hi all,

I have reluctantly upgraded from PSE10 to PSE 15 and during the set up requested a new catalogue rather than altering the existing PSE 10 version

Regards

Paul

The request you get at the end of the installation of newer Elements version is to 'convert' the catalog.

- it's not to create a new catalog

- it's not to 'alter' the existing catalog.

It means creating a new catalog in the newer catalog format and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

plw1053  wrote

Hi all,

Regards

Paul

The request you get at the end of the installation of newer Elements version is to 'convert' the catalog.

- it's not to create a new catalog

- it's not to 'alter' the existing catalog.

It means creating a new catalog in the newer catalog format and storing all the contents of the previous catalog into the new one.

- the older catalog is not changed but it is renamed with a -1 suffix

- the new catalog gets the name of the old one and keeps all your tags, captions etc.

If you did not let the installer convert the catalog, you can do it later when you want from the catalog manager (Menu File >> manage catalogs).

Importing in a new catalog does not restore all your tagging and organization. It may keep tags and captions if you have used the option to 'Write metadata to tags' (shortcut Ctrl W), but that will not restore the albums, version sets and stacks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

That is helpful.

As you guessed I misunderstood the options as I did not want to change my existing PE10 settings in case I needed to revert to it later.

I will have a look at the menu to manage catalogues and see if I can  make sense of it all.

I guess if the worse comes to the worse I can uninstall and start again!! Do you think that might work?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

plw1053  wrote

Hello,

That is helpful.

As you guessed I misunderstood the options as I did not want to change my existing PE10 settings in case I needed to revert to it later.

I will have a look at the menu to manage catalogues and see if I can  make sense of it all.

I guess if the worse comes to the worse I can uninstall and start again!! Do you think that might work?

Regards

The conversion keeps your old catalog available to the old Elements, it is recognized even if it is renamed.

Plus the option to 'convert' catalogs in the catalog manager ('convert' button) allows you to convert again an old catalog which has already been converted. Note the checkboxes on the bottom of the dialog to show 'already converted catalogs".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You would not need to reinstall elements. Open Elements Organizer

• Select File > Manage Catalogs.
  • Select the catalog from the list that is displayed.

• Click Done.
  • Click Convert.
    Your PSE10 catalog will converted to PSE 15 catalog and open in Organizer with the same catalog name. This will have all the tags you applied to your PSE 10 catalog.
    PSE10 catalog is also retained with the '1' appended to your original catalog name, for eg, 'Catalog Name 1'. You can still access it via Elements Organizer 10.
    Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I have converted the older catalogue but as has been mentioned above by

none of the albums are not transferred. This is a real pain. Can anything be done about losing all of my prior seven years worth of organisation?

Regards

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines