• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change of view

Explorer ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've selected an album and I am viewing (media tab) in Album order. When I select the Places tab and then return to the Media tab, the view has changed to Newest. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Rik

Elements Organizer 19.0.0.0
Core Version: 19.0 (20210126.m.155261)
Language Version: 19.0 (20210126.m.155261)

Current Catalog:
Catalog Name: catalogPSE2021
Catalog Location: C:\Users\rikbe\AppData\Local\Adobe\catalogPSE2021\
Catalog Size: 459,3MB
Catalog Cache Size: 3,4GB

System:
Operating System Name: Windows 10
Operating System Version: 10.0
System Architecture: Intel CPU Family:6 Model:14 Stepping:10 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2
Built-in Memory: 7,9GB
Free Memory: 661,9MB

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess some might consider it a bug, but it is really the designed behavior.  When you select an Album, the Sort by Album Order is automatically selected.  You will notice that Sort by Album Order only appears in the dropdown list if an Album is selected.  Once an Album is no longer selected, the Sort by list should revert to your original Sort by choice.  In your case, I am assuming that your original choice is Newest. If you think about it, there is no reason to have the Media Grid sorted by Album Order.  Most users will not have all of their images in Albums, so what is the program supposed to do with files that are not in Albums?

So, you are doing nothing wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I think I answered you too quickly.  I followed your workflow exactly and you are right.  Even though the Album remains selected, the Sort by order changes to Newest instead of Album Order.  I think I would consider that a minor bug and will report it to Adobe.  But don't hold your breath for that to change any time soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines