• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cleaning up edges on this image

Contributor ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cleaned up this photo a few years ago as best I could. I'd like to use it in a collage. I just got the latest version of PSE. Is there a guided edit (or some other way) to clean up and smooth the edges of this lady so I don't have to cut them out by hand after printing? I sort of remember an easy way to extract someone from a background using the magic wand or an eraser tool. thanks!heroic woman copy.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With this particular photo, I don't think you can do better than use the regular eraser tool.  The photo is low resolution, so the black edges almost have to be removed on a pixel by pixel basis.  I have zoomed in quite a bit to see the individual pixels.  Then using the eraser with a small brush size, I can choose the black pixels, stop before I reach the cream colored area and choose whether or not to eliminate the pixels that are neither black nor cream. 

Eraser-tool-girl.gif

If you are starting out with a clean photo, then there are a number of other tools that can make a better selection to begin with.  Or you can use a Guided Edit.  But, in this particular case, it doesn't take very long to clean it up with the eraser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much. I do have a clean photo of this, actually. In it, however, the lady has a big dark collar, which I removed digitally when I did this years ago. I figure it would just be easier to use the eraser as you suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines