• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone Stamp Lag

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Elements 2024 on Sonoma. Suddenly the clone stamp is totally unusable because of lag. I have tried resetting all tools but this hasn't fixed it. Do you have any other suggestions?

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated Sonoma to the latest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I hadn't realised there was a 14.13.1 - for some reason it hadn't automatically updated. Just updating now, and will see if that works. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've added the most recent update and the problem is exactly the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know nothing about Macs.  So I am pinging @Jeff Arola, a Community Expert who will be able to help you better than I can.  I expect he will want to know the specs of your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with all document/images or only certain ones?

How big in terms of pixel dimensions is the image your working on?

You can see by going to Image>Resize>Image Size and looking at the top under wher it says Pixel Dimensions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - thanks for the reply. It happens with all images The particular one today is 18.8M so a big photo but it also happens with smaller files.  I used to use the full Photoshop perfectly well with equally big files using Catalina but wanted to ditch the monthly subscription so bought Elements. I upgraded to Ventura first and all was fine until I tried over the last week to use the clone stamp  and it's unusable because it's lagging so badly. I hadn't realised I'd been automatically upgraded to Sonoma - that must have been a box I'd forgotten to untick in Ventura - so I am thinking it's posibly an issue with Sonoma. MAc details are 3.7 GHz 6-Core intel Core i5.  16gb2667 MHz DDR4 so I believe that shold be adequate to run Elements. Just about the only thing I use photoshop for is the clone stamp so it's very annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have fixed it - I increased the amount of RAM usage from 70% to 90% and the lag is much improved - I am curious as to why this has only become an issue in Sonoma!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would reset the Photoshop Elements 2024 editor preferences by going to Adobe Photoshop elements 2024 Editor>Settings>General, clicking Reset Preferences on next launch and restarting the Photoshop Elements 2024 editor.

resepse.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines