• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone stamp tool not working

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 9, Ver 9.0.0 working under Windows 10 x64, Ver 2004.

After working with no problems for many years, the Clone Stamp tool has simply stopped working, without any error messages. I upgraded my Win 10 to Ver 2004 recently which could possibly be relevant.

The Clone Stamp icon is present in the tool bar and when I right click I can ensure that the Clone Stamp tool has been selected. All seems to be well, there is a circle on the screen whose size can be adjusted. The only thing is that the tool does not work. Dragging the circle around after Alt-click produces no result, except perhaps a very slight blurring in the circle.

I have tried changing the Compatibility in Windows to Win 7, but no success.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

1. On the clone stamp's option bar, make sure that "Sample all Layers" is checked.

2. If it still does not work, click on the little triangle, top left, on the tool's option bar to reset the tool.

3. If it still does not work, reset preferences to default.

To reset the preferences, you can do one of the following:
  1. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. ...
  2. Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preference

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Very many thanks. Either your Step 1 or Step 2 sorted out the problem. I have to say that the Reset tool command is so well hidden as to be almost invisible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Photoshop Elements forum from Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you hatstead for that information.

I had a peculiar problem on trying to the clone stamp  it produced an extra complete image which I could not close, so had to close the application and start again.

Somewhere your help solved the problem, so thanks again.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with 2022!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. On the clone stamp's option bar, make sure that "Sample all Layers" is checked.

2. If it still does not work, click on the little triangle, top left, on the tool's option bar to reset the tool.

3. If it still does not work, reset preferences to default.

To reset the preferences, you can do one of the following:
  1. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. ...
  2. Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very many thanks. Either your Step 1 or Step 2 sorted out the problem. I have to say that the Reset tool command is so well hidden as to be almost invisible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for my issue with clone stamp on 2022 version as well.  Reset Preferences.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks but where is the clone tool options bar. 

Tks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines